+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, FLIP Video: Deploying FlipShare in Technical; Originally Posted by Monty1157 grabbed the new 5.9 .msi out of the %temp% dir. For future reference you can download ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,825 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty1157 View Post
    grabbed the new 5.9 .msi out of the %temp% dir.
    For future reference you can download the v5.9 MSI directly from either of the links below. The MSI within each ZIP file is identical so it doesn't matter which one you choose.

v5.9.19 (UK): http://puredig.vo.llnwd.net/o18/upda...64_uk_ufpv.zip
    v5.9.19 (US): http://puredig.vo.llnwd.net/o18/upda...64_us_ufpv.zip

Registry keys are stored in HKLM/Software/Flip Video/FlipShare
    I also had to add the registry setting below (not to the MSI though for obvious reasons).

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Flip Video\FlipShare]
    "Language"="en_uk"

Lastly, I will say that I noticed that the 4.1.4 install installed 3ivx as well, but a clean install of 5.9 doesn't.
    Cisco include their own codecs now, which is why 3ivx is missing (I imagine it saves them money on licensing).

Another thing I noticed is that there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off the auto update feature within FlipShare's preferences, so I just blocked update.theflip.com and puredig.vo.llnwd.net on our proxy server.

Thank Post
    Hi
    School im providing support for have got a few flip ultras ive installed flip software 4.8 and in the preferences it allows you to change the video path. about time but then bang ! Sorry, flipshare cannot use this drive for the library. Network drives and some external disk drives create access problems which can make content unavailable in flipshare. is there anyway to force this as the school want to use the software.

any help ?

Thank Post
    In all honesty, it's something I've not looked at. I only rolled out the software install earlier this week, and I was assuming that the staff would be putting the files into their personal or shared folders on the network. I've not had any complaints regarding the use of the cameras under this 5.9 install, but although the person who requested this knows that the software's now there, he might not have had the time to test things out in that respect. I'm sure I'll get another call logged to complain about this, if there is a save to network folder problem. Otherwise, all I can suggest is that you follow the links above that Arthur provided, hack the .msi/add the reg keys (delete as applicable ), and try that and see how it goes.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by busby View Post
    Hi
    School im providing support for have got a few flip ultras ive installed flip software 4.8 and in the preferences it allows you to change the video path. about time but then bang ! Sorry, flipshare cannot use this drive for the library. Network drives and some external disk drives create access problems which can make content unavailable in flipshare. is there anyway to force this as the school want to use the software.

any help ?
    i think if you reg hack the setting in rather than using the interface it works

Thank Post
    Cheers guys i will give feed back on this this evening once ive tried it in the school this afternoon.

Thank Post
    Ok, Found how to edit the path and works good thank you. Now the problem lol it will only let you change the path for current user, so that means i will have to change the path for all students ggrrrgh. very time consuming as i want to change the path for all users on themachine.

Also does the software save the path to the users profile so when the user logs onto another pc the path is the same ? if i changed the path by each user.

Dam you flip this is driving me mad. lol
    Last edited by busby; 19th November 2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: better post

Thank Post
    script that adds the reg key at logon if if you use mandatory profiles add it to that ?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,825 Times in 2,084 Posts
    To change the location of the FlipShare library you need to modify the following registry setting for all of your users (make sure you use forward slashes in the path too)...

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Flip Video\FlipShare\5.9]
    "PurpleDirectory"="X:/Videos/FlipShare"

It's also worth mentioning that the new folder must already exist - if it doesn't, they will see a dialog box the next time they open FlipShare asking them to locate their library folder or create a brand new library in the default location.
    Last edited by Arthur; 19th November 2010 at 11:11 PM.

Thank Post

Any way to hard code "other site" options?

Does anyone know if it's possible to put a dialog box in the "Other website" area of sharing for another website we use regularly? For example, if we wanted the user to upload to his/her Blackboard account or a team Vimeo account.

Thank Post
    As far as the FlipShare versions go I was told to stick with 4.1.x by their support a while ago as the 5.x versions link to some USA-only video sharing site \ library and as such UK devices are unsupported on that version. Might be worth checking if it's still the case.

Up until now I've done the installer via AutoIT which seems to do the trick and then redirecting to a network share with the reg hack above

Thank Post
    Thanks for the advice guys im a complete noob to scripting can you point me in the right direction? i will add this to the logon.bat file we already use for drive mapping. thanks for all the help.

Thank Post
    Hi Monty,

I see you successfully managed to get a 4.x MSI out of FlipShare and deployed it via GPO. What are the chances that you could share that (pre-modified) MSI with me?

Will that be ok?

Thanks,

Neil.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12