+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, After some VERY secure projector cages... in Technical; I'm after some security cages for projector mounts, we've had a total of 4 stolen over the past 6months, 2 ...
    Thank Post

After some VERY secure projector cages...

I'm after some security cages for projector mounts, we've had a total of 4 stolen over the past 6months, 2 last night! it's getting beyond a joke, can anyone suggest a good universal cage that even bolt cutters and a crowbar would make a robber go "oh **** that"?

Thank Post
    Wouldn't an effective security system be a better option? As it is, if they can't pinch the projectors, they'll go for something else.

Thank Post
    Trust me, i've complained, and complained and complained some more about the state of our security system - the cameras in one building still go on to VHS tape! and of the out door cameras a total of 4 out of 16 are operational!!!

Sadly it's not my job so i can't do anything about it other than complain, though while i've had slight whinges to higher management i may mention it to the head that it desperately needs money spent on it and the man in charge of it needs a kick up the ass to get it sorted!

Surprisingly even considering the state of the security system i think we caught them on camera last night, albeit on a shoddy quality vhs recording but a recording nonetheless.

TheLibrarian
    We have some of these, I think this maybe what you are looking for.

Top Tec Security & Industrial Products - UK

Nice design means they are quite easy to unlock and service too.

5. Thanks to TheLibrarian from:

mrbios (26th May 2010)

Thank Post
    I would agree with The Librarian, these are probably the best on the market. They have been used for a number off years now and I haven't come across anything better. They fit straight onto a 50mm pole, But you need a very strong fix into the ceiling due to them weighting about 20kg. I would suggest probably getting them installed by your local AV company, so you can be sure the correct fixings have been used.

Thank Post
    The problem won't be the weight, but the leverage that the pole will exert on the ceiling fixing. If they REALLY want your projector, they'll take it, pole, ceiling plate and all.

TheLibrarian
    I agree the thieves may get the pole / cage down if they really want to, but they won't bother - they'll go for easier targets, since installing these cages we haven't lost any projectors.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    The problem won't be the weight, but the leverage that the pole will exert on the ceiling fixing. If they REALLY want your projector, they'll take it, pole, ceiling plate and all.
    That may be true but it is more of a deterrent to have a cage, then not. Also a lot of schools insurers insist that they are in cages or they are not covered for theft.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Also make sure you get the ones with a proper look and not just a simple padlock because those can just get a bolt cutter taken to them.

And have you got your projectors engraved with the school details?

Thank Post
    these are also loss preventation certification board approved, best one on the market, but agree with educare av that these should be fixed securely preferably with chemical fixings if a concrete ceiling ive installed many of these in new build schools and they are by far the best on the market.

Cue
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    Don't forget the ceiling as well.

Explain it to your superiors that the cost of installing a security system would be much cheaper than the cost of all these projectors being stolen, not to mention the rest of the stuff if it continues. Motion detectors would really be enough, to be honest, that's what most schools have these days, bare minimum.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    or cheekily setup your own security system?!

Thank Post
    It’s also worth mentioning that I have been to several schools that have had people walk in off the street and just unbolt projectors from there mounts and walked straight out again during the day. So instances like this, an alarm security system would be no good to you.

Thank Post
    these motion detector systems are no good, even though they are epoxy resined to the projector they offer no "visible" security, these can be ripped off the projector and discarded even if there is a bit of damage to the case of the projector the thief aint worried about that, plus it would take minimal time to nick a projector with a motion detector attached , therefore less thinking time from a gippo thief point of view, he or she is more likely to look at a top quality cage installation and think " hmmm no good will leave this one" your far and away best not skimping on security issues and invest in proper equipment and installation for your projectors, even though cash is short nowadays it far better with forethought spending the money instead of havin repeat robberies of poorly installed and ill advised security options,

Thank Post
    Got a super duper secret project that not even jesus is allowed to know about right now, this should be interesting

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast