+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, After some VERY secure projector cages... in Technical; Originally Posted by mrbios motion sensitive lighting is in place in the newer buildings but none of the old ones, ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    motion sensitive lighting is in place in the newer buildings but none of the old ones, which is where the thefts are occuring.
    Further evidence suggesting that this is sadly an "inside job".

Thank Post
    Gutted,

Sounds like you do have some serious issues here as it seems you are now being seen as a target for these thieves.

Is there nothing the local police force can do? Even increased visibility may be of some help to make them think twice.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    CCTV is in place though only half of it actually works - the site manager is too lazy to do anything about it, he always says there isnt enough money, though things like this clearly show he has to do SOMETHING about it.

Corridors are all alarmed, though obviously individual classrooms aren't, i don't know why that is - sadly not my job to have something done about this, all i can do is complain

motion sensitive lighting is in place in the newer buildings but none of the old ones, which is where the thefts are occuring.

Even this morning i told him about the thefts and he just expected me to sort it out, security is his job not mine, im on my own from 8am - 9:30 until the second techy here starts work, i had a visitor coming this morning so didn't really have time to deal with it - his excuse is "well im on my own too", even though 10 minutes later i see him walking around with another member of the site team o_O
    Put in a written recommendation with what you think should be done (eg: alarm system/cctv), and clearly mention that is it not your job but they are some possible solutions.

If your really game you could include that you would be willing to work on those actions and take them up as being your job.

Thank Post
    right looks like i've finally kicked things in to gear... as the site manager is too lazy to sort things out and the headteacher is obviously concerned about the recent thefts we're looking into doing CCTV in house, rather than going through that shoddy company "ADT"

Having a look at these at the moment:
    Gold Enforcer 4 Camera Professional CCTV Kit - CCTVdirect

That would be for reception, apparently the site manager was quoted £3k and £2k from two suppliers for kit + installation of CCTV for 3 internal and 1 external camera, we're quoting him £1k for using the above kit, also looking at fitting this into another building which currently still records on to VHS tapes!!!....
    Gold Dominator 16 Camera Professional CCTV Kit - CCTVdirect

Any opinions on the above or alternate suggestions?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Take a look at Mobotix kit - they demo'd it at the Edugeek conference. Speak to Net-Ctrl (sponsor on here) as they deal with them.

They're IP based CCTV, they do 360 degree view cameras using fisheye lenses and clever software, make use of standard hard disk storage (so a simple NAS would do for recording) and have a bunch of other features.

The cameras a multi-megapixel resolution so are MUCH better quality than standard CCTV, and as such much better for identifying muppets stealing things!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123