+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 74
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Casio "Lampless" projectors in Technical; We have one here also and the image quality is far superior to any of the lamp types, we plan ...
  1. #31
    jsnetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    887
    Thank Post
    23
    Thanked 134 Times in 126 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    We have one here also and the image quality is far superior to any of the lamp types, we plan to replace as needed when they fail to the LED type. More expensive initially but if you deduct the lamps you would have to buy they are going to be cheaper long term. Only problem at the moment is they don't do a short throw, well they did not have short throw a few months ago but that may change soon.

  2. #32
    zag
    zag is offline
    zag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,530
    Thank Post
    815
    Thanked 380 Times in 317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    80
    Which models are people buying?

  3. #33

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,089
    Thank Post
    511
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    Which models are people buying?
    We bought a couple of the XJ-245's to try out the wireless but now will be getting the XJ-240's when we want more as the wireless is a non-starter as it seems you can't use the projectors wirelessly at the same time as being connected wirelessly to a normal wireless lan.

  4. #34
    jsnetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    887
    Thank Post
    23
    Thanked 134 Times in 126 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    Think we bought Casio XJ-A130 LED Projector.

  5. #35

    SimpleSi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    5,720
    Thank Post
    1,451
    Thanked 580 Times in 434 Posts
    Rep Power
    165
    You can get an adapter from maplins for under a fiver. C14 to C5 adapter should do the trick.
    You learn something new everyday - I didn't know things like this existed!

    (Cause I need 2 prong "cassette" plug to 3 prong "kettle" plug adapaters as well to save electricians coming in to sort out new style epsons as well )

    regards
    Simon

  6. #36
    diggory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    85
    Thank Post
    36
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    We've stock piled a load of Casio XJ-A130s.
    The cheapest one in the range.
    They do 2000 lumens at a decent resolution with the usual controls.

    Something else (apart from the 'clover leaf'/C5 type mains socket) is the composite input is a 3.5mm jack, rather than separate phono sockets.
    So, we needed to buy more adapters to retro-fit them for DVD/video players (yup we still have VHS...)

  7. #37

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,089
    Thank Post
    511
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by diggory View Post
    We've stock piled a load of Casio XJ-A130s.
    The cheapest one in the range.
    They do 2000 lumens at a decent resolution with the usual controls.

    Something else (apart from the 'clover leaf'/C5 type mains socket) is the composite input is a 3.5mm jack, rather than separate phono sockets.
    So, we needed to buy more adapters to retro-fit them for DVD/video players (yup we still have VHS...)
    They come with 3.5mm -> phono socket adapters though don't they? Ours certainly did. The only thing we needed was phono joiners.

  8. #38
    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,726
    Thank Post
    309
    Thanked 226 Times in 200 Posts
    Rep Power
    86
    @localzuk - 2 years on how are your Casio Projectors? I know @AlexPilot has stated in another thread they cant be faulted 2 years on.
    Would be interested to know your experience.

  9. #39

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,089
    Thank Post
    511
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    @localzuk - 2 years on how are your Casio Projectors? I know @AlexPilot has stated in another thread they cant be faulted 2 years on.
    Would be interested to know your experience.
    Still going strong. We had a couple of faults, but they provided us with swap in replacements until they were fixed. We have about half a dozen of them here, and all staff love them.

  10. #40
    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,726
    Thank Post
    309
    Thanked 226 Times in 200 Posts
    Rep Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Still going strong. We had a couple of faults, but they provided us with swap in replacements until they were fixed. We have about half a dozen of them here, and all staff love them.
    Did you install them and forget about them or havwe you had to do any kind of maintenance/cleaning to them since install?

  11. #41
    zag
    zag is offline
    zag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,530
    Thank Post
    815
    Thanked 380 Times in 317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    80
    We've had ours about a year. 22 in school and no problems so far.

  12. #42
    Dom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,009
    Thank Post
    151
    Thanked 138 Times in 115 Posts
    Rep Power
    55
    Ours are running fine, had 1 fail but was swapped next day...

    I tend to clean them once a term as they do get a bit dusty, but seem to run fine even when covered.

  13. #43

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,089
    Thank Post
    511
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    Did you install them and forget about them or havwe you had to do any kind of maintenance/cleaning to them since install?
    They've been installed and forgotten.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Grimsby Lincs
    Posts
    314
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 53 Times in 38 Posts
    Rep Power
    37
    I think they will be OK when the price comes down but at the moment there is no benifit over the cheaper Epson and simler projectors who now give you a free lamp, and as lamps last 5,000 hrs (five years) that is Ten years of lamps with a new Epson now compare that to the new reduced life of the Laser/LED bulbs that incedently ARE a replaceable unit (same as any other lamp) and there is no advantage of having a LED projector, they are nosier hotter and from what i have seen in my workshop not as reliable.

    They will get there but as yet , its my opinion they are not quite ready yet.

    Marc
    Projector Engineer

  15. #45

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,089
    Thank Post
    511
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc-Engineer View Post
    I think they will be OK when the price comes down but at the moment there is no benifit over the cheaper Epson and simler projectors who now give you a free lamp, and as lamps last 5,000 hrs (five years) that is Ten years of lamps with a new Epson now compare that to the new reduced life of the Laser/LED bulbs that incedently ARE a replaceable unit (same as any other lamp) and there is no advantage of having a LED projector, they are nosier hotter and from what i have seen in my workshop not as reliable.
    From real-life use, I'd disagree entirely. I've *never* seen a normal projector lamp last 5000 hours. Ever. 2500? Sure. Having to swap lamps is not fun though. Its disruptive and annoying.

  16. 2 Thanks to localzuk:

    sparkeh (13th November 2012), zag (13th November 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th May 2010, 01:21 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th September 2009, 09:01 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th August 2009, 11:08 AM
  4. "Error 403" & "Moved to here" message
    By tech_guy in forum Windows
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24th January 2008, 01:07 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28th September 2006, 07:06 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •