+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Photo Slideshow in Technical; Hi Fiza, I was wondering if you still have a copy of Photo Slideshow as localzuk accidently deleted his files ...
    Thank Post
    Hi Fiza,

I was wondering if you still have a copy of Photo Slideshow as localzuk accidently deleted his files on it.

Cheers,

Chris

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerHappyUK View Post
    I've been searching for a solution for hours
    It's not free, but FastPictureViewer Professional will do exactly what you want. It also has the ability to operate in kiosk mode.

Watched / Monitored Folder Mode
    Another distinctive FPV Pro feature is automatic directory watching. First, the current image folder is constantly monitored and any file(s) added to (or any of its sub-folders), no matter how many at a time, will be instantly detected and added to the list of images internally maintained by the program, according to the sort mode in effect.

You could be in the middle of a huge browsing session when new images arrives and gets added to the hard-disk. FPV Pro will seamlessly detect and catch new files on-the-fly and let you view them, in order, without interrupting your work session (it is never necessary to "exit and start over" because newly added files are not readily "seen" by the program).

FastPictureViewer Professional uses industrial technology provided by our partners at SoftwareComponents.ch to monitor the image folder tree with absolutely perfect reliability: it will never miss a file arrival, no matter how busy the computer is or how many files are added at the same time. (Source)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    It's not free, but FastPictureViewer Professional will do exactly what you want. It also has the ability to operate in kiosk mode.
    Thanks for the link Arthur, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. (plus, you have to pay for it)

Chris

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    it's not quite what I'm looking for.
    It does exactly what @localzuk's program does in post #9 (but a lot better since you don't have to wait 10 minutes, it supports far more image formats, images can be rotated automatically based on EXIF data and you can fully customize/lock down the UI).

I have FPV Pro on one of my home PCs and it definitely does what you want. I just tried it!

Pressing F11 makes the program full screen and 'A' starts the slideshow (the time between each image is configurable in the options or via the command-line). You can also make it look for images on a network share, so they don't have to be stored locally. See the help for more details.
    Last edited by Arthur; 26th April 2014 at 10:48 PM.

5. Thanks to Arthur from:

TriggerHappyUK (27th April 2014)

Thank Post
    Hi Fiza,

I was wondering if you still have a copy of Photo Slideshow as localzuk accidently deleted his files on it.

Cheers,

Chris
    Sorry I don't have a copy - was a few years back now. Have changed jobs since then.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123