+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Magic Net Pro ppt problems in Technical; Hi all We have 4 Samsung MagicNet monitors installed, 3 are running MagicNetPro and I'm having problems getting them to ...
    Thank Post

Magic Net Pro ppt problems

Hi all

We have 4 Samsung MagicNet monitors installed, 3 are running MagicNetPro and I'm having problems getting them to display ppt files. I can get them to display everything else fine.

I create a ppt then add it to the library within the magicnet software. I cannot preview the file it just displays the link on the screen to where the file is located. I have installed the ppt viewer on each of the screens and have no problems running the files locally, from a USB flash drive etc. There are no other problems, I can run all other files have web access and can remotely control the power. It just seems to be a problem with adding office files within the software. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    regards

Ricky

Thank Post
    I'll be interested to read replies here. I have two magicnet screens and actually got so hacked off that I removed the magicnet software from the screens and just forced the ppt files to autostart when windows loaded! (Something to keep in mind if you don't have much luck?!)

Thank Post
    Yeah I do find the software very un freindly, I have already thought about running the ppt's on each machine but want the facility to be able to run them all at the same time from the software, after all that is what you should be able to do. It should work and then I could schedule the ppt's to run at specific times throughout the day. I think this would be far easier to manage as staff/students could then just create their own ppt's to be displayed.

I have already spent considerable time working on this but I won't let it defeat me, lol!

I'll be interested to see if any others have managed to sort it??

Cheers
    Ricky

Thank Post
    We have some Samsung screens but haven't used the software for them. We've instead used a few paid for products (which weren't great) and then opted for purely using Powerpoint. That was until we discovered Xibo, an Open Source Digital Signage Solution, which I have to say is amazing.
    It does Schedules, embedding video, streaming video, rss tickers. It even allows us to use multiple PPT files to be displayed at the same time side by side.
    I know its not much help with your problem but I'd recommend looking at it as an alternative. Xibo Open Source Digital Signage

Thank Post
    Hi there

many thanks for that i'll have a look and give it a go.

Regards
    Ricky

Thank Post

Also have Samsung & MagicNet

We have some Samsung digital signage and magicnet pro running and it can be done since I have a screen running a powerpoint on a loop.
    I don't remember doing anything clever, when I publish the file the viewer starts up on its own and displays the .ppt

Thank Post
    Hi there

When I add the ppt file (to the background within magicnet) I can see the file name but cannot preview it or send it to the screen, just get a blank screen.

I have attached a screen shot of the magicnet software after I have added the ppt file. If I do the same with just a picture file (jpg etc) within the backgorund it works perfectly, strange!

Many thanks

Ricky
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markberry View Post
    We have some Samsung screens but haven't used the software for them. We've instead used a few paid for products (which weren't great) and then opted for purely using Powerpoint. That was until we discovered Xibo, an Open Source Digital Signage Solution, which I have to say is amazing.
    It does Schedules, embedding video, streaming video, rss tickers. It even allows us to use multiple PPT files to be displayed at the same time side by side.
    I know its not much help with your problem but I'd recommend looking at it as an alternative. Xibo Open Source Digital Signage
    I can echo what mark says. We have two samsung screens which I bought with a view to pop xibo on. Took a ten minute look at MagicInfo and was reassured I'd made the right decision. We have had a couple of teething issues with xibo. Mainly due to user error, or my terrible training! Xibo is a fantastic product.

If you do opt for just powerpoint though, grab this;
    PresentationPoint | ShowPoint control remotely

It checks the centrally hosted powerpoint file every so often for an updated version. Saves having to remote in to each screen to update.

Thank Post
    I do remember in magicnet pro that the scheduling of the screen items can be a bit painful so you might want to check that.

Thank Post
    We use the samsung screens too. And after finally receiving the correct files from samsung, have MagicInfo-i working really well. Scheduling reliable and all...

I think magicinfo-i is the latest incarnation, and you are probably eligable to just get and install that.

That's my 2p worth...

Thank Post

IE7 on Samsung

Quote Originally Posted by markberry View Post
    The Xibo software looks good and easy from the server side of things. How did you guys get the Xibo client to install on a Samsung without IE7 being apart of the Embedded OS?

Thank Post
    I have passed this thread through to Samsung and asked them for their response.

Will post when I receive it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Craggus2000 View Post
    We use the samsung screens too. And after finally receiving the correct files from samsung, have MagicInfo-i working really well. Scheduling reliable and all...

I think magicinfo-i is the latest incarnation, and you are probably eligable to just get and install that.

That's my 2p worth...
    Just to echo Craggus2000 - upgrading to MagicInfo-i is definitely worth it. Failing that, you could see if there are client upgrades available to what I assume is MagicInfo Pro over at Samsung LFD Monitors (you'll need to register but it is free).

I put a comparison together over on our blog a little while ago, which may be useful, especially if you're running any set-back boxes (SBB-NTs): Samsung MagicInfo Digital Signage Version Comparison | RTS Technology Solutions

Thank Post
    I've had a quick scout around on the samsung site for information/pricing on MagicInfo-i, but haven't had much luck.
    Is this a paid for app, or can existing MagicNet users get it for free? (If so, is there a link you could post?)

Thank Post
    The Magic net pro is a bit of a problem to use. I created the guide for teachers a while ago, here is me sharing it. Hope it can help you finding your way around the software, there is no 'magic' involve on it! Will of course appreciate feedback

Thank you

Samsung Plasma Screen Guide

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast