+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Replacement Projector : 315cm Throw in Technical; Ok, ok so I'm being a bit lazy here but basically I'm up against it time wise and I'd like ...
    Thank Post

Replacement Projector : 315cm Throw

Ok, ok so I'm being a bit lazy here but basically I'm up against it time wise and I'd like to save myself a liddle time if anyone can chime in.

We have an old Sahara (yes, yes, I know!) projector that needs to be replaced which has a rough throw of 315cm from the lens (I've had to use a bit of string and a ruler to get the distance)...

I'm basically looking for something with the usual BECTA standards, that can be maintained relatively easily and doesn't require stupidly expensive or weird mount plates/pillars...

Any suggestions?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    How big do you need the image to be on the board / wall from that throw?

The New Casio units would be a good starting point they are amazing on the optics.

BJG
    Thank Post
    ...not wishing to derail this thread, but I was about to post something similar. Could I widen the topic a bit...? Would like to know what people are installing as standard classroom projectors these days, also how often they replace them. We've got a bunch of old Benq MP610/620s (possibly even a Sahara somewhere) and I'm not sure whether it's worth buying replacement bulbs (£140/£230 respectively from Filron) or if we should be looking to replace the projectors. Are modern projector bulbs more cost effective...? And what's a sensible replacement cycle...? And please answer contink's original question too so he isn't miffed.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    How big do you need the image to be on the board / wall from that throw?
    Well, there's no smartboard in there at present so it's based around the size of the actual whiteboard at present which is huge.

However times are tough so I'll want something that's capable of going down to a small-ish SB size when the time comes to install one. So basically something with flexibility

The New Casio units would be a good starting point they are amazing on the optics.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BJG View Post
    ...not wishing to derail this thread, but I was about to post something similar. Could I widen the topic a bit...?
    Erm... not to be miffed but your query is different enough that it really would be better to post up as a separate thread.

You're more likely to get the answers you want that way if nought else...

Thank Post
    hi mate, i think you might struggle with a throw distance of just over 3mtrs to get a projector to display an image on a small smartboard to be honest, would it not be more cost effective to replace your existing projector mounting further forward to around 2.5mtrs to enable a decent throw distance for use with a smartboard? we seem to install quite a lot of epson projectors at the moment, a few of them come with a spare bulb as standard, might be worth considering a fresh installation maybe?

cheers

Thank Post
    Well, the company that would have been my choice has just chosen to play for the entire schools IT business so they're off my list permanently which is fun.

The school would prefer not to have to fork out for a complete install either if possible but as much as anything the reason for this query is as much to see if we're looking at thrown good money after bad or not...

When you say "small" smarboards though, what sort of dimensions are we talking?

Thank Post
    hi mate, i think they range from 48" to 77" diagonal interactive area sizes, throw distances differ, usin an epson projector onto lets say a 77" board ideal throw distance would be between around 2.5mtrs up to around 2.7mtrs, and say for a 48" board throw would be around 1.5 mtrs,

Thank Post
    Bash your figures (throw distance and whiteboard diagonal) into Find Projectors By Feature or work your way thru specific projectors at Projection Calculator Pro - Projector to Screen Distance

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread