+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Toshiba ST20 Projector Removal Urgent in Technical; Anyone taken down one of the above projectors from its mounting arm as shown in the pic? Just baffling me ...
    Thank Post

Toshiba ST20 Projector Removal Urgent

Anyone taken down one of the above projectors from its mounting arm as shown in the pic?

Just baffling me how to do it and I have no instructions to give me a clue. Can usually figure these out but its baffling me! Need to take the projector down for some maintenance and I'm only here today!

Any help appreciated.

Thank Post
    If thats the same as my toshiba short throw mount, then you have to undo two screws from the top, then lift and slide sideways.

It's a little jiggly IIRC.

EDIT, the projector is fixed to a plate and it's the plate+projector that comes off the rest of the mount if that helps
    Last edited by kesomir; 16th March 2010 at 09:40 AM.

3. Thanks to kesomir from:

TechSupp (16th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanks, just had another look and on top there are 4 screws and one thumb wheel that adjusts the angle but stops at the end of its adjustment so no gain there. The 4 screws only look to allow it to be removed with the adjustment bracked attached, but I would still need to remove the projector. Insite the monting screws I can see seem to be in keyhole shaped slots that look as though it should just slide the projector to the side them it should drop off but can't seem to slide it to the side. Is it locked in position or just very tight in the slots?

Thank Post
    Just spotted a screw accessible through the top plate that might be a locking screw. Will try that while I await any other help.

Edit: Just tried that, screwed it to its full extent ether way and tried sliding the projector to release it via the keyhole slots...not budging one iota!!!!!

Further Edit: Eventually dismantled the adjustment bracket after removing from the boom and hey presto the plate that would not budge before just slid off with ease! Sure it must be able to do it without dismantling everything!

Now anyone got a projector service manual?

Well just as a further edit, I now hate Toshiba ST20 projectors! Dismantled it and cleaned it out as far as I could, re installed it and hey presto hardly any difference I can see, this is after changing the bulb for a new one, and its only about two and a half years old! Now the teacher will have to soldier on with it untill it becomes unusable I suppose unless anyone has any other ideas.
    Last edited by TechSupp; 16th March 2010 at 12:43 PM.

Thank Post
    From memory, not installed one of these for a while, But that locking screw actually has a reverse thread. So when you think you are undoing it you are actually making it tighter. When I went on the installation training with Steljies they said it was a security thing. To confuse people who were trying to steal them. Confused me when I installed the first one too.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread