+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Casio Bulbless Projector? in Technical; I was following the thread BETT Casio projector before it was closed by the admin so I never found the ...
    Thank Post

Casio Bulbless Projector?

I was following the thread BETT Casio projector before it was closed by the admin so I never found the answer to my question.

I keep seeing the new Casio projector advertised as 'lamp free technology'. Fair enough, it's a laser/led hybrid but I also see '20,000 hours without changing lamps' here.

What have I missed here?

Thank Post
    Whats the question - its a non replaceable bulb assembly- when the projectors dies you replace it but have no ongoing costs in the mean time!!

3. 2 Thanks to jamesreedersmith:

ICT_GUY (31st March 2010), Skinny (11th February 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesreedersmith View Post
    Whats the question - its a non replaceable bulb assembly- when the projectors dies you replace it but have no ongoing costs in the mean time!!
    The penny just dropped. Thank you.

Thank Post
    While I can see the advantages of this casio projector, I will still be sticking with traditional ones.

We find we have to change projectors not because the bulb goes or they malfunction, but because the technology moves on at such a pace the old projectors become obsolete very quickly. Very few projectors made a few years ago support widescreen resolutions properly, which makes them useless for modern laptops, and very few of them have HDMI inputs which are now starting to appear on everything, so who know what the next phase in technology will be which could make the projectors of today redundant within a few years anyway? Makes a long lamp life kinda pointless from that perspective.

Food for thought.

Mike.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    While I can see the advantages of this casio projector, I will still be sticking with traditional ones.

We find we have to change projectors not because the bulb goes or they malfunction, but because the technology moves on at such a pace the old projectors become obsolete very quickly. Very few projectors made a few years ago support widescreen resolutions properly, which makes them useless for modern laptops, and very few of them have HDMI inputs which are now starting to appear on everything, so who know what the next phase in technology will be which could make the projectors of today redundant within a few years anyway? Makes a long lamp life kinda pointless from that perspective.

Food for thought.

Mike.
    Why is the widescreen issue a problem at all? When projecting, most widescreen laptops will happily adjust to the resolution of the projector, not to mention most schools have non-widescreen smartboards!

HDMI is brand new, so pretty much irrelevant to a school to!

How often are you replacing your equipment then!?

Thank Post
    We're actually discussing these Casio projectors at the moment, looking like we're getting a sample one to test out. In principle they sounds quite good. Higher initial cost but no bulbs to buy, and when they approach end-of-life the brightness doesn't dip off significantly as with bulbs. They also turn on and off a lot quicker, would negate that little annoyance with traditional projectors.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 852 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking very hard about one of these for a hall installation, as the lack of maintenance etc. is ideal when it's nearly 5m in the air. I'm just hoping 3000 lumens is bright enough, so I may have to ask for a demo unit to check, cos I wants the shiny new toy

Thank Post
    were in the same boat howerver demand is out weighting supply so i doubt we will get our hands on one any time soon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We've been told availability may be around the end of the month - if you've already ordered one. Stocks are very limited still it seems. Seems a bit dumb of Casio to introduce a product into a market and have such low availability!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    We've been told availability may be around the end of the month - if you've already ordered one. Stocks are very limited still it seems. Seems a bit dumb of Casio to introduce a product into a market and have such low availability!
    I've been told next Thursday for the one i've ordered. I agree wiith the availability problem, surely if the product is as good as they say it is the uptake would be huge from BETT especially with the end of the financial year looming.

Thank Post
    Out of interest whats the RRP for these projectors?

Thank Post
    Short supply increases demand, remember - it makes us think the product must be really good if suppliers are selling out before they even get them.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    Short supply increases demand, remember - it makes us think the product must be really good if suppliers are selling out before they even get them.
    That only works if people are able to actually get hold of them in a reasonable time... Making potential customers wait over a month for a product which should be being mass produced is silly, it means anyone working to a tight time-scale will look elsewhere.

Thank Post
    I saw these at BETT too, fantastic looking product. We'll be looking to get one of these to sample too

Thank Post
    I saw them and was impressed. TCO may be a lot better than traditional. Need to check out energy consumptiom. I suspect this will be lower. Brightness will need checking. I would assume the next release will probably be better.

Also just heard that Apple are adding projectors to iPhones? That means HTC will have one out in the next 6 months?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast