View Poll Results: What would you do?

Voters
12. This poll is closed
  • Buy at £700 each and risk the non-UK warranty

6 50.00%
  • Pay the extra on each unit and get fewer units?

6 50.00%
  • Risk brassing off our existing (long term) supplier?

3 25.00%
  • Something else? (please post below)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Projector purchase, how would you play this? in Technical; Another quick thought on the XU305's (you may know this already, and I stand to be corrected..) , but the ...

Thank Post
    Another quick thought on the XU305's (you may know this already, and I stand to be corrected..) , but the networking function of the 305 comes in two parts - you can network multiple pc's to the projector using the wireless interface, but the LAN interface is only for the PJ-Net interface for control and interrogating the projector status/log etc.

Are you routing the projector via a wireless hub, and then on to your network - never tried it, but could be interesting?

Thank Post
    Whilst I agree with your comments the following is also true:

The UK Consumer rights are between the seller and the buyer, not the buyer and the manufacturer. in law and manufacturer can force you to go through the seller. The issue than comes into play what if the seller has ceased trading?

In reality many UK distributors ship their products to Europe for repair anyway; I've just had a Toshiba repaired in Belgium!

Having checked out the suppliers pan European operation I'm satisfied that they (hopefully) won't go bust anytime soon!

Touch wood, I think I've had one Sanyo warranty claim on the 4 1/2 years I've been here.

We've reached an amicable solution which enables be to get best value for the tax payers £ and I believe also secures the operation of the equipment for at least 2-3 years.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Steve

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AVShopper View Post
    Another quick thought on the XU305's (you may know this already, and I stand to be corrected..) , but the networking function of the 305 comes in two parts - you can network multiple pc's to the projector using the wireless interface, but the LAN interface is only for the PJ-Net interface for control and interrogating the projector status/log etc.

Are you routing the projector via a wireless hub, and then on to your network - never tried it, but could be interesting?
    Not quite correct, the XU305 has both Wired and Wireless LAN, it uses a supplied application called Network Capture 5 (sadly not backwards compatible with version 4!) and will stream content (excluding video) to the projector from a single connected client.

I have teachers with 60+ Tablet PC's each one can connect in one of two ways
    1. Directly with the projector via wireless (however this then prevents access to other resources like the internet etc)

2 via wireless to the school network, then through that to a wired projector in infrastructure mode. This allows the user access to other resources and the ability to then display that on a networked projector.(assuming they can select the correct classroom!)

Only certain models support content streaming and many of the Ethernet equipped ones only provide management facilities (bulb due, filter clean power on/off etc) The XU305 supports both, as do our older model UX88's. However, to support straeming video in this way would require a projector more than twice the price (PLC WXU700)http://uk.sanyo.com/Extranet/OnlineC...ber=PLC-WXU700
    We have in effect created 8' interactive whiteboards with a wireless desktop interface in the Tablet PC's
    Oh and before anyone says, I don't work for Sanyo !

Regards

Steve
    Last edited by MGSTech; 25th February 2010 at 10:41 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12