+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, BETT Casio Projector in Technical; Originally Posted by Soulfish I don't believe the Casio has this many connectivity options (one small negative point perhaps) so ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
    I don't believe the Casio has this many connectivity options (one small negative point perhaps) so just need to think of some alternatives. Then I can go ahead and order one and play with it for real
    I must admit I noticed that, they have VGA and HDMI and that looked about it, not too bigger problem as I had a discussion about it with my boss tonight and we said that they are worth getting for all our projector needs tbh in classrooms, as we don't really need composite video connections, but there will be the odd place that may do, so I can see them eventually, reliability and price proving over time obviously, that they will probably be in 98% of my classrooms. My new AV system in the Hall will still have a huuuuuuge NEC unit in though as I want 2 VGA, HDMI, Composite, Wifi, USB, S-Video, Wifi, LAN etc, perhaps the next Casio range will have the clever 20,000hr lamp and all those ports

Would be interested to hear how you get on with yours if you get one

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    How much do Composite to VGA convertors cost? Maybe worth looking into considering the TCO of the Casio. I doubt the extra cost would make much of an impact on the overall price.

Also, I believe some models have Wifi capabilities already.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,889 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I still have several composite to vga adapters in my 'odd bits that I don't want to throw out' box, so they will come in handy I think

But to buy new, they're about 25. http://www.bestofferbuy.com/Composit...l?currency=GBP and if you want something permanent (ie so the teacher doesn't need to unplug stuff) you'd want a VGA switch too, which is another 30. http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...wBA#ps-sellers
    Last edited by localzuk; 19th January 2010 at 10:43 PM.

4. Thanks to localzuk from:

enjay (21st January 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I still have several composite to vga adapters in my 'odd bits that I don't want to throw out' box, so they will come in handy I think

But to buy new, they're about 25. Composite + S-Video to VGA Converter Box (1280*1024px Max/110V~220V AC) [E18559] : BestOfferBuy.com, Buy DVD, Shop for PC accessories, Discount MP3 Players, Bargain Deal for Surveillance Equipment, Cheap R4 for NDS, X-sim Unlock and if you want something permanent (ie so the teacher doesn't need to unplug stuff) you'd want a VGA switch too, which is another 30. StarTech.com 2x2 VGA Matrix Video Switch - 250 MHz Monitor switch - United Kingdom
    Exactly what I was looking at doing - although I'm also tempted to look at some component to HDMI boxes since I notice they do have a HDMI input. Too many choices!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    as we don't really need composite video connections, but there will be the odd place that may do
    The handful of places which still have VHS players would need them (or it will serve as the final push to DVD). I thought the guy I spoke to at Casio said they had composite connectors though...

Some models do have wireless, but I'm not sure how that would work for playing video - the guys said there can be a slight delay meaning it isn't suitable for interactive use, which would presumably also mean it can't handle video, as the audio would get out of sync.

Thank Post
    They have kept connectivity to a minimum in order to keep the costs down. However it should have enough to be used in a classroom environment.

Casio are still learning in terms of projector manufacturing, and as such feedback such as received through this site is vital in how future models will be produced. I can assure you that your comments are all passed back directly to casio as the people on edugeek tend to be fairly on the pulse of educational needs.

As for stock, no one is guaranteed stock in this Thursday, and no one has stock currently available. Casio have a very limited number of units coming in to the UK and every distributor and reseller is being told to place orders so they can try and push to get stock. I know there are already more orders in, than stock available, and it will be dependant on which reseller you order with as to if you can get your projector this side of February.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    we have been promised a certain amount of stock

Thank Post
    I'm sure you have Simon but so has everyone else!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenC View Post
    They have kept connectivity to a minimum in order to keep the costs down. However it should have enough to be used in a classroom environment.

Casio are still learning in terms of projector manufacturing, and as such feedback such as received through this site is vital in how future models will be produced. I can assure you that your comments are all passed back directly to casio as the people on edugeek tend to be fairly on the pulse of educational needs.

As for stock, no one is guaranteed stock in this Thursday, and no one has stock currently available. Casio have a very limited number of units coming in to the UK and every distributor and reseller is being told to place orders so they can try and push to get stock. I know there are already more orders in, than stock available, and it will be dependant on which reseller you order with as to if you can get your projector this side of February.
    It's good to know that Casio are taking on feedback. If it had the connectivity of say a projector like the Epson EB-84e and it actually lives up to expectations then it'd be the perfect projector for us

Thank Post
    Can someone confirm whether these have component inputs - I'm seeing conflicting answers on various websites...

Thank Post
    No the 130 models don't I have had one in my hand and I can say for certainty that they dont.I am just getting someone to check the wireless model.

Thank Post
    What do they have? VGA, HDMI, a 3.5 video jack and a 3.5 audio - yes?

Thank Post
    Ahhh have just found the source of the confusion.

Casio are stating the unit does have composite input however it is via a 3.5mj socket and not through yellow standard phono input.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    What do they have? VGA, HDMI, a 3.5 video jack and a 3.5 audio - yes?
    Yes thats exactly what they have (the 3.5 jack doubles as video and audio) and they also have a usb slot.

16. 2 Thanks to DarrenC:

enjay (20th January 2010), localzuk (21st January 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenC View Post
    Ahhh have just found the source of the confusion.

Casio are stating the unit does have composite input however it is via a 3.5mj socket and not through yellow standard phono input.
    Yeah, I spotted that just after I posted. Does anything actually give a video output on those 3.5 sockets anyway?!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast