+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, iPhone Flash in Technical; When are they going to sort out Flash Player not available for your device for the iPhone...
    Thank Post

iPhone Flash

When are they going to sort out Flash Player not available for your device for the iPhone

Thank Post
    They're probably not going to. They will most likely look to HTML 5 to bring the video standard instead Flash. Apple seem to have already stated their position by leaving it out of their platform for so long.

Adobe's Flash app for the OS X platform is well under par compared to Windows. Each time i watch anything flash based on my macbook pro the fans ramp up.

Thank Post
    was reading somewhere that it's one of the main things asked for in version 4 of the iphone software.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,939 Posts
    Steve's definitely not going to allow Flash Player on the iPhone. Not only would it be a crash-prone resource hog and drain your battery (like it does on other operating systems), but given Adobe's extremely poor security track record it could also potentially lead to viruses and malware on the iPhone.

As HodgeHi mentioned above, HTML5 and other web-based standards will become a lot more widely used in the future, so the lack of Flash on the iPhone won't be a problem. IMO, a world without Flash Player would be very good especially since it's the primary cause of crashes in most web browsers.

Thank Post
    @pple like to keep control, and including flash means that you could run code on their phone (you know, the one YOU paid $$$ to own) that could mimic an operating system, so they won't allow it.

Google Commodore 64 on the iphone and you'll see!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Not only would it be a crash-prone resource hog and drain your battery (like it does on other operating systems), but given Adobe's extremely poor security track record it could also potentially lead to viruses and malware on the iPhone.
    There seem to be plenty of Flash enabling gizmo's if you have a Jailbroken iPhone.

However I totally agree with Arthur, but what seems strange is that Adobe seem to be blaming Apple for not allowing them access to it's code base!
    Now Im sure that if it were M$ deliberately doing such a thing there would be a plethora of Legal paperwork on its way to the solicitors?

I can't say that the lack of Flash has made my iPhone any less usable and so far I've not found the need to get the old HTC out of the bin. I'll live without it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread