+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, clickview with dual screen issue in Technical; We use clickview here for video streaming.. it works pretty well, however we are having issues with it when used ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

clickview with dual screen issue

We use clickview here for video streaming.. it works pretty well, however we are having issues with it when used on a laptop with extended desktop. As soon as you drag the window accross to the other desktop, it stops playing, sound cuts out and goes black etc.

Have tried it on various different laptops too, same issue. Tried upgrading to the latest clickview player software.. tried enablig / disabling the overlays setting in WMP in case that made a difference..

NOt sure what else to try.. any suggestions ?

Thank Post
    It has been explained to me as M$ caving in to Hollywood, and implementing some sort of copy prevention scheme. I'm having trouble with dual output cards in desktops.

Sorry, no fix; I'll be watching in case someone else does have one!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    i might add that this issue is limited to the clickview software and the dual monitor works with everything else vlc win media etc etc
    Last edited by RabbieBurns; 20th November 2009 at 08:49 AM.

Thank Post
    I'm not sure if this article relates to your problem:

ClickView - the digital video solution for schools

Otherwise you should contact Clickview support. They should be able to give a definitive answer.

Thank Post
    Might just be worth checking that it's not just down to the graphics driver's hardware acceleration (sounds unlikely since the problem doesn't appear to happen with other video players, and you've tried the overlay settings), but it's a common problem with the nasty old IBMs most of our management team have; video plays on the primary laptop screen, but not on the external VGA. In our case this seems to be down to a lack of hardware acceleration on the VGA port.

Assuming you're running WinXP: Open up the display properties, go to the 'settings' tab, then click on the 'Advanced' button, then the 'Troubleshoot' tab, finally slide the 'Hardware acceleration' slider to just below the mid-point to disable 'directdraw'. OK those changes and try the video (depending on how compressed the video is and how much hardwork your CPU has to do you may see the performance drop).

Basically what you've done just there is to force the OS to draw the video itself rather than handing it off to the graphics card to do. If that works then it's a problem with the graphics driver in the PC - not accelerating the second graphics port.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I should probably have posted this when I recieved it from the clickview support.. apologies:

Subject: Re: (Case xxxxxx) ClickView Player (Windows) Query

Good Afternoon,

Currently the ClickView Player does not support dragging from one display to another while rendering a video.

If you wish the Video to be displayed on another screen you will need to stop all playback and then drag the playback window to the prefered Screen and then you can commence playing on the new screen.

Regards,

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread