+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 in Technical; Hi All, We recently purchased a site licence of Adobe CS4 Master Collection. We can get everything working excluding Premiere ...

Thank Post

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4

Hi All,

We recently purchased a site licence of Adobe CS4 Master Collection. We can get everything working excluding Premiere Pro, which is the product that we really need at the moment for our media studies course.

Does anyone have experience of making this work when logged on as a student, i.e. with fairly limited permissions and definitely not a local administrator? We get error 6, regarding licensing. Tried all the guides we could find, but not getting anywhere yet.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Thank Post
    How are you installing it? By deploying or by installing locally per machine?

I've not had much experience with CS4 in a large environment, but I know that some software likes to be installed as a local admin for it to work properly under other users (CrazyTalk 4 and 5 being one example of that).

Might be worth giving it a shot (if you haven't already) to see if that will allow you to run it on a test machine. If so, then it'll be a bit of a ball-ache, but ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aptproductions View Post
    How are you installing it? By deploying or by installing locally per machine?
    We've tested a few ways - installing manually, using the deployment kit and by putting it on an image and then re-imaging the PCs. We've always had local admin rights when doing this.

Thank Post
    Ah well .. was just a thought .. I figured you would of done, but sometimes it's that little obvious thing that I go "GAH .. why didn't I do that" so thought might as well point it out.

Could you paste the exact error you are getting and I'll see if I recognise if from my own fiddling with CS4 for private clients? You never know.

Thank Post
    Good point!
    The error I'm getting is in this image.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Well, I've not seen anything similar before, but a quick search on the Adobe Support site brings up the the following:

Error "Licensing for this product has stopped working" when you launch Acrobat 9 or Adobe Creative Suite 4 products

Might be worth checking through the solutions on the bottom of that page and see if anything comes up trumps for you.

Thank Post
    Yeah, we tried all of those and the solutions for our error didn't work.
    However...
    I was unable to even access the "c:\program files\common files\adobe\adobe PCD" folder whist logged on as a restricted user, ok so fine, I'll grant that user the required write access to the file which I did.
    However, as soon as you launch any adobe app, it would reset the permissions on the PCD back to just Administrators(full control) which then of course locks out the restricted user.

The trick to solving this is to add the restricted user/group to the ACL and then remove the "change permissions" right from the file. Applications will then open fine with no issues..

It seems that Adobe think that everyone is automatically an administrator on a machine and therefor resets the permissions accordingly. This is 2009, not 1999 for crying out loud!

Anyway, sorted now... *Crosses fingers*

8. 2 Thanks to DrCheese:

dhicks (23rd October 2009), LCPSWolf (14th April 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    It seems that Adobe think that everyone is automatically an administrator on a machine and therefor resets the permissions accordingly.
    Thanks, that's good to know - licenses and install media for Premier Pro have just arrived, so I'll be sorting this over half term by the looks of things.

--
    David Hicks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread