+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Samsung Magic Info Software in Technical; Hi All, I need help!! Does anyone use Samsung Magic info screens in their school? We have 3 of them ...

Thank Post

Samsung Magic Info Software

Hi All,

I need help!! Does anyone use Samsung Magic info screens in their school? We have 3 of them and while I have pretty much got them working how I want them, there are still having some fundlemental issues that are causing me problems?

Main one is- It will only connect to the internet if assigned a DHCP address and not a static one!

This is a problem as we need some web content to be displayed on the screens.

I would love to hear from anyone else who successfully using these screens and Magic Info software provided with it.

Thanks

Thank Post
    I have two - one which came with the professional MagicNet software and the other with the basic version. I have to be honest - I hated both version of the software and got to the point where I now don't use it as I couldn't get it to a reliable stage to pass over to someone else.

As sad as it sounds, we have resorted to PowerPoint viewer being installed on the screens and having a ppt file configured to run on startup!

I've just about finished a web-based digital signage solution which I'll probably start to make more use of instead of the ppt files when complete.

Thank Post
    I have been using the Magic Info I software which to be honest isnt too bad once you get used to it! I found the pro version unusable!

Did you have any issues with the screens connecting to the network? We have the Samsung 400MXN-2 ones. As I said for some reason when they are assigned static IP addresses theyw wont connect to the web even though they ping the servers on the network.

I dont think the Magic Info software would interfere with the internet connection and the screens just run XP embedded something nothing unsual there.

Thank Post
    We use a Samsung MagicInfo screen to bring in web content and it works fine, but our screen's IP address is assigned via DHCP unfortunately. It doesn't cause any problems for us as the MagicInfo software doesn't need the screen's IP address to work - they discover each other on the network themselves.

Have you had to set up the proxy settings in the screen's browser? That was required to get it working for us.

Thank Post
    Yeah put the proxy settings in which work fine when it has a DHCP address but not a static one.

But I know the static one is valid and okay as the address works fine in terms of pining the servers and rest of the internal network etc.

Thank Post
    I remember on our MagicNet software there was something in settings which we had to change to allow permenant changes to the OS / HDD (basically before I figured that out programs would be removed / settings lost etc everytime I turned the machine off!)

Do those screens have a small embded version of XP installed in them?

If the Magic Info software is similar to MagicNet and the screens have XP I'd recommend plugging a keyboard in the back and crashing out of the Magic software to make sure the network is set up the normal way in Windows.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hillskill View Post
    Yeah put the proxy settings in which work fine when it has a DHCP address but not a static one.

But I know the static one is valid and okay as the address works fine in terms of pining the servers and rest of the internal network etc.
    If I've understood the above correctly I'd say that your DNS or Gateway servers should be checked!
    Have a look on the DHCP server and make sure that whatever DNS and Gateway are specified are the ones you are using when you input the static details

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,710 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You could use a DHCP Reservation...

Thank Post
    Thanks for getting back to me all.

The screens have XP embedded installed on them. I have checked the dns settings and default gateway via network connections in control panel and all are correct...

I am convinced that the software is something to do with why it wont connect to the web with a staic but dont see how?

The address I am using is a reserved address and there are not any IP conflicts

Thank Post
    Have you tried giving it an alternative static address to the one you're normally trying?
    Your static range and dhcp range don't have alternat gateway or dns addresses do they?

Out of interest, when you assign a static address and then turn the screen off and back on again, does it loose it's static address and go back to dhcp?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    I remember on our MagicNet software there was something in settings which we had to change to allow permenant changes to the OS / HDD (basically before I figured that out programs would be removed / settings lost etc everytime I turned the machine off!)
    Sorry to hop onto this thread, but I wondered if you could remember what it was you had to change to stop all the settings being removed when it rebooted!?

I have exactly the same problem, and its causing much hassle!

Many thanks if anyone has any ideas!

Thank Post
    Hmmm...
    Fairly sure you go boot up, go to the magicnet interface on the tv itself, go to settings, options and then disable EWF.
    Hope that's right!

13. Thanks to mb2k01 from:

jamieallan (29th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieallan View Post
    Sorry to hop onto this thread, but I wondered if you could remember what it was you had to change to stop all the settings being removed when it rebooted!?

I have exactly the same problem, and its causing much hassle!

Many thanks if anyone has any ideas!
    Yes you have to disable the HDD protection thing- cant remember what its called!

Give Samsung support a ring- they are actually very helpful and helped me sort our issues with proxy server out

Thank Post
    Just tried my suggestion above and can confirm it works!

16. Thanks to mb2k01 from:

jamieallan (29th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    Hmmm...
    Fairly sure you go boot up, go to the magicnet interface on the tv itself, go to settings, options and then disable EWF.
    Hope that's right!
    That is absolutley spot on. Thank you so much Off to design some powerpoints now. Happyness!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast