+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Samsung Magic Info Software in Technical; my comments were a general observation from my experience where we have been called in to look at a setup ...

Thank Post
    my comments were a general observation from my experience where we have been called in to look at a setup that has been poorly configured and no reseller support has been offered, nor adeqaute training given. In your instance, if you were getting no joy from Samsung directly i would have made contact with the supplying company, to find out either why the system had not been configured to your requirements, or why you had not been given the necessary information to perform the task you were looking to do. We also supply NEC and panasonic equipment, as well as signagelive, and other signage solutions, so my comments are not a "big up" of Samsung, merely an observation that many of the comments seemed to stem from integration issues that i see on a regular basis and usually come from resellers trying to be the cheapest solution around. These systems need proper planning and integration and lots of consideration has to be given to network infrastructures.

Thank Post
    We have a couple of these screens. Some of the above problems sound familiar, and overall we found the software complicated and unreliable.

Both of ours now run a standard installation of Windows 7 on our domain. A script runs on startup to display either a Powerpoint presentation or a web page as required. Much easier to manage and more reliable too.

Thank Post
    I am now going down the same route, but the 4GB limit of the built-in flash drive is limiting especially with a powerpoint slideshow containing an 350MB video.

I'm assuming that to install Win 7 + Powerpoint you had to replace the drive. Is this right? Or did you find a way to cut the size down to squeeze it in?

Thank Post
    Hi guys, we have a Samsung display running MagicInfo cant remember the exact model but its I think 400Mx sounds familiar (any way i digress) the issue im having is installing either IE7 or IE8, ive been though several threads talking about disabling EWF which i have done, restarted etc. however when i still try and install the software its asks to restart first, then after reboot, the same message. Event log shows nothing at all. I have installed software in the past it just wont let me install IE7/8, as a side matter you also cant run windowsupdates etc. Just wondered if anyone had the same issue or had solved it without formatting the partition
    Many thanks
    Dale

Thank Post
    Hi Guys, We've got a SyncMaster460cx-3, most of the problems we have usually revolve around the browser you use to run MagicInfo, it also needs full Sun/Oracle Java support. We've had more success with Firefox and Chrome browsers, and nothing but trouble with Internet Explorer(esp Ie9!).
    On the network side, the server manager for MagicInfo is set to Type M(Manual) with a IP address in a range that we use for servers on a particular VLAN. We've not advanced beyond using a powerpoint presentation, simply because it works and is simple enough for a member of staff to create, it's emailed to us techies, and one of us used Magicinfo to replace the old presentation with the new one(always remember to save after uploading!).
    It's not the most user friendly, and someone at Samsung ought to really look at CUI standards and come up with something more logical and easy to use!
    As for software install on the Syncmaster, we've not touched that, even though we could to with ensuring it's patched for security! We're working on the rule of thumb "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
    Dave.

Thank Post
    Update: I sorted mine out by installing Win 7 + Powerpoint 2013 on them. I have registry edits and logon scripts so it auto logs on with a domain user account and just runs a powerpoint slideshow.

I'd been wrestling with the Samsung MagicInfo software for years and never got the hang of it. There was no way I could have trained the staff to use it.

I had to replace the Flash Module with a larger one (Integral IDE 40 Pin Horizontal 32GB Flash Module (MLC)), which was easier than fitting a disk drive.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123