+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Samsung Magic Info Software in Technical; I've just wasted a day with this Magic Pro crapness - I have made a small slideshow but can I ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    I've just wasted a day with this Magic Pro crapness - I have made a small slideshow but can I get it to display on the screens ? Can I hell, I can't even connect to them !! Well I can but just through VNC. I even copied the slide show files onto a USB stick and tried, still won't play it - these things are a complete waste of time - looks like my evening will be spent wasted having to make a PP file of the slideshow.
    Never have liked Samsung stuff, their printers are crap, their TVs are crap and now their software is crap. I am seriously thinking of getting rid of the screen and asking for our money back as it's perfectly clear they don't work correctly.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    I was using the Navaho stuff - it was an absolute pain in the backside to sort out! soon i got rid of them boxes and set up xibo - works a treat and its alot better then the navaho stuff

Toby

Thank Post
    Am running 3x Samsung 460DXn screens here, all on static IPs, all using MagicInfo Pro, and all work perfectly... never had any real issues with them, other than the fact that the MagicInfo software is slow as hell and takes me the best part of a week to get a schedule set up for a term.

@mattx - define "slideshow". MagicInfo will only display / deploy specific file types and formats, and in the case of movies you need the correct codecs installed on all the screens. Whenever I need to do a slideshow I make a webbased one using JW ImageRotator, whack it on our webserver, then tell the screens to display that webpage at whatever time via MagicInfo.
    Last edited by Marci; 21st April 2010 at 12:02 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    Am running 3x Samsung 460DXn screens here, all on static IPs, all using MagicInfo Pro, and all work perfectly... never had any real issues with them, other than the fact that the MagicInfo software is slow as hell and takes me the best part of a week to get a schedule set up for a term.

@mattx - define "slideshow". MagicInfo will only display / deploy specific file types and formats, and in the case of movies you need the correct codecs installed on all the screens. Whenever I need to do a slideshow I make a webbased one using JW ImageRotator, whack it on our webserver, then tell the screens to display that webpage at whatever time via MagicInfo.
    I've got the thing working now, I've installed the server software etc too. I have a small slide show going and will start making up other ones when I get the time.........I'm currently looking for where I can set it so the screen powers off and powers on at allotted times........[ save the use of my finger in the morning ]

Thank Post
    Load up MagicInfoPro server... File > Remote Management > Expand MDC > TIME... set ON Timer and OFF Timer.

6. Thanks to Marci from:

mattx (21st April 2010)

Thank Post
    I will point one ofthe main Samsung distributors onto this thread and see what their response is.

Thank Post
    If anyone would like on th ephone support then please let me know. I have a technical manager that purely looks after Samsung MagicInfo Pro. We are the main distributors and I can assure everyone that the main reason that screens do not work is 99.99% network issues and not screens.

I know this is probably not what you want to hear and probably you are now thinking 'He would say that' but i can assure you my guy will have your screens up and running. He is office based but will talk you through the issues. The more we help the more we have happy schools with screens working and then in turn the more we sell.

I personally have just set up a 40 x screen video wall and it took nearly 16 man hours to do. 1 screen would not work as the Sub net was not on the same as the other 39 so I can understand your frustration.

Send me a private message and I will ask my guy to speak to you.

I will just finish by saying that all of my resellers are actively encouraged to go on a training course so that any issues can be resolved. They are also ALL aware I have a technical guy who is there for your help and there help.

MagicInfo is installed in 1000's of locations and yes there are some technical issues but all get resolved.

Hope this helps.

Thank Post
    Did they ever resolve the issue of the server software running pitifully slowly when working with large schedules to the point that it becomes a massively inefficient process? We're considering moving over to using Xibo as the time it take to change a handful of screens within a 6 month schedule across 3 screens with MagicInfo was ridiculous and wiped out an unrealistic amount of time.

Thank Post
    @Philwaterhouse I am sure you meant well with that message, but I have to say I found it a bit patronising. I can assure you that any issues I personally have had are not to do with network configuration, they were to do with speed, quality and inflexibility with in the product versions I had available to me at that time
    ....I say "at the time", as it has been a good two years since I used the software/was forced to look for alternatives. I would assume/hope that Samsung have developed the product in that time and ironed out a few of the issues mentioned above.

Thank Post
    @Mattx - found a more flexible solution to shutting the panels off...

Create a new screen, expand it's tree and select the "Screen" branch. In the item list below the preview window, set "Type" to "Source List". Further down, set "Source List" to "Panel Off".

Save the screen, then drop it into your schedule whenever you want the panel switching off. It'll automatically switch back on when a regular screen is scheduled to be broadcast.

12. Thanks to Marci from:

mattx (4th May 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    @Mattx - found a more flexible solution to shutting the panels off...

Create a new screen, expand it's tree and select the "Screen" branch. In the item list below the preview window, set "Type" to "Source List". Further down, set "Source List" to "Panel Off".

Save the screen, then drop it into your schedule whenever you want the panel switching off. It'll automatically switch back on when a regular screen is scheduled to be broadcast.
    Thanks for that - as I can get the screen to turn on, but it won't power down for some reason in the evenings !!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    You could use a DHCP Reservation...
    I agree

Richard

Thank Post
    i appreciate this is an old thread and i do hope many of the contributors have not opted away from the Magicinfo software as when configured and installed properly it is a very powerful piece of software. Training, as with most new systems, is a must, unfortunately many suppliers aim to be the lowest priced solution rather than the right priced solution!! I will not publish the name of the company i work for as this breaks forum rules, but all of our digital signage proposals include full installation, setup, configuration, and product support, as well as a half day training session, and we get very few problems, when issues do occur they tend to be equipment failure or user error. If anyone is still experiencing problems with their systems i would highly recommend engaging with a local and reputable Samsung/Magicinfo installer and having your system checked and some further usage training provided.

Thank Post
    @mcfod I can assure you that in my case, lack of training was not the issue. Lack of flexibility and support (from Samsung themselves) was.
    I've since moved in to a new school and implemented a OneLan solution - not the cheapest in the world, but has been reliable, customisable and had quality support - all from day 1.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    I've just wasted a day with this Magic Pro crapness - I have made a small slideshow but can I get it to display on the screens ? Can I hell, I can't even connect to them !! Well I can but just through VNC. I even copied the slide show files onto a USB stick and tried, still won't play it - these things are a complete waste of time - looks like my evening will be spent wasted having to make a PP file of the slideshow.
    Never have liked Samsung stuff, their printers are crap, their TVs are crap and now their software is crap. I am seriously thinking of getting rid of the screen and asking for our money back as it's perfectly clear they don't work correctly.
    To be fair that's simply not true, well not their software I don't know about that but their hardware these days is pretty spot on

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast