+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, OHP display problem in Technical; Hi. I have a problem with an OHP linked to a Tosh laptop. I can't get the display on the ...

Thank Post

OHP display problem

Hi. I have a problem with an OHP linked to a Tosh laptop. I can't get the display on the overhead to fill the IWB. Normally I adjust the resolution to 800x600 or 1024x768, tweak the zoom on the OHP and Bob's your Uncle. However with this OHP (Sahara) and Board (Clevertouch) if I use these resolutions the display is to big for the board and the zoom won't go far enough to make it fit. If I use the next resolution up I get a letter box effect on the IWB like I'm watching a film on a 4:3 telly. I really need to try the laptop on another board but wonder if anyone has any suggestions. They used to have a Lenovo laptop in this room and I am told (but didn't see for myself) that this was ok. Thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    On some of the Tosh Satellites we have there's a way of changing the aspect ratio but I can't remember the details from memory.

Edit: Thinking about it, 1024x768 is going to give you a 4:3 ratio so maybe you should make sure the setting you choose does the same. 1152x864 is the next setting on my HP. You might need to check that winding up the resolution won't damage the projector. Or move the projector forward!
    Last edited by laserblazer; 2nd October 2009 at 08:03 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply. Had a google and it seems to be the lower resolutions are 4:3 which would fit with my problem but the projector won't zoom in enough to make it fit the board.

Sorry just posted this but hadn't noticed your edit. I agree about moving the projector but it's on a fixed mount.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread