+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Digital signage in Technical; errrrrrr it doesn't! Look, its not me who brought it, just that i work with it. It's not perfect, but ...
    Thank Post
    errrrrrr it doesn't!

Look, its not me who brought it, just that i work with it. It's not perfect, but it satisfys the SLT's needs!

Thank Post
    The samsung MagicInfo LCD's I will second to be great quality. No need for having to source a suitable screen, and then suitable software. All built in and the software works well in that you create what you want on the screen. Not just buying a template for you to fill in.

Thank Post
    I have used xibo, and can't recommend it enough mainly because it's FREE

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    Another vote for The MagicInfo LCD's. Only needs power and a data point and your good to go. You also have the choice of how you want to use them. Either use the supplied software, use something like Showpoint or go the XIBO route.

Currently have mine running Powerpoints for the ease of updating.

As they are specific Signage screens they have nice features such as being able to disable the buttons and inbuilt screen savers to reduce burn-in. Will take a few pics later if I get the chance.

Thank Post
    We've just had Onelan digital signage installed at a site I look after, 3 screens ran via a VGA over CAT5 box, and thats just takes the onelans's feed.

All web based to make any changes, but I have to admit - it isnt the easiest of programs to work with!

Thank Post
    The lastest version of MagicInfo, MagicInfo I is much easier to use than earlier verisons and as stated the screens are designed for signage applications, so are suited for running extended hours plus they come with a 3 year warranty for peace of mind, add in the ability to manage the screens (on/off/volume etc) and ease of deployment... just add power and network and you're up and running

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey83 View Post
    We've just had Onelan digital signage installed at a site I look after, 3 screens ran via a VGA over CAT5 box, and thats just takes the onelans's feed.

All web based to make any changes, but I have to admit - it isnt the easiest of programs to work with!
    Having nothing but problems with our OneLAN box. It's been sent to be repaired 3-4 times in the last 9 months

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've tried resetting the clock on our OneLan box. It kernel panics - oh well, the time can stay 10min fast on the TV.

Thank Post
    After faffing around with image flyer we're now running Xibo and i'm really loving it, just the ability to have any screen I want running the client and I can then use it as a sign is superb, I'm still tinkering with it at the moment, running 16x9 screens and the main reception tv throws it out by an inch or so if I set the pc res on that to 1280x720 so I might swap the box out but from my point of view who has to set everything up its great, network manager thinks its a big improvement and HT likes it better already.

Thank Post
    Got my XIBO installation up and running,

Im very happy with it for free.. it would be nice to have batch uploads etc of images but what ive got is much better than what i was using before.

The RSS feeds are a nice touch.

Does anyone know if its possible to add a twitter feed in?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You could add their widget into via html code i would assume (never used xibo before) if not, on the right hand side of the twitter profile there will be a rss feed which is labelled as "RSS feed of <USER>'s tweets" which you could add.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pagelad View Post
    Got my XIBO installation up and running,

Im very happy with it for free.. it would be nice to have batch uploads etc of images but what ive got is much better than what i was using before.

The RSS feeds are a nice touch.

Does anyone know if its possible to add a twitter feed in?
    How are u running Xibo now? Do u add loads of images one by one? Started doing this but thought has to be an easier way?!?
    So far all i could think of was to use the PhotoAlbumn feature in PowerPoint, add a picture to each slide then save as a ppt. Then run the ppt in Xibo

Is there a better way anyone can think of?

Also i am not very creative when it comes to design layout. Anybody care to share some screen shots of a typical layout for a school?

Cheers
    Paul

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhowes View Post
    How are u running Xibo now? Do u add loads of images one by one? Started doing this but thought has to be an easier way?!?
    So far all i could think of was to use the PhotoAlbumn feature in PowerPoint, add a picture to each slide then save as a ppt. Then run the ppt in Xibo

Also i am not very creative when it comes to design layout. Anybody care to share some screen shots of a typical layout for a school?

Cheers
    Paul
    Can xibo run video's?

If so download photostory: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...y/default.mspx

You can add a load of photo's and it auto adds transitions and stuff to them, you can also add background music if your displays have sound... - They are then converted to wmv

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_ View Post
    Can xibo run video's?

If so download photostory: Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows: make show-n-tell cool again

You can add a load of photo's and it auto adds transitions and stuff to them, you can also add background music if your displays have sound... - They are then converted to wmv
    Cheers
    will take a look when next on site!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhowes View Post

Cheers
    Paul
    Here's a screeny of ours - the main area switches between flash movies (created by using images in powerpoint and exported to flash using the free iSpring plug-in) and an RSS feed of Bulletins (School news/notices/calendar/menu etc.) The flash clock rotates with our school logo, and the bottom right section uses RSS feeds for news and weather from the BBC.

The powerpoint as flash works well - I use 7 images over 45 seconds total... would like to get rid of the iSpring bar at the bottom, but haven't looked into that yet - probably need to pay for the full version...

HTH...
    Attached Images Attached Images

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast