+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Suggestions Please for Wireless Connection to Smartboard and projector in Technical; Hi I would like to find a way to connect a laptop to a smartboard/promethean wirelessly. We already have a ...

Thank Post

Suggestions Please for Wireless Connection to Smartboard and projector

Hi

I would like to find a way to connect a laptop to a smartboard/promethean wirelessly. We already have a rukus wireless network set up in the school. I am not sure if I can use this to solve my problem.

The main purpose of this is to see if I can cut down on the number of free standing pc's used just for connecting to a smartboard. I have found that staff are quite put off by connecting vga and usb cable to their laptops each time so am considering a wireless dongle.

I have found cables to go and Iogear do a wireless usb to VGA. Has anybody tried using these products with a IWB? or does anybody know of any other solutions.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Ali

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 773 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Something I'm looking at for one of my sites, is a permanent IWB machine. They have a load of SFF Dell units that were otherwise about to be chucked out.

As there is both a good wired and wireless infrastructure in place, the idea is to have the Dell units permanently wired into the IWB's and tucked out of the way, no mouse, keyboard or screen other than the projector itself. WOL system means they turn on automatically, and turn off automatically at set times. (unless told otherwise)

The teacher will, hopefully, hook up to these PC's using an automated RDP connection (but looking at other alternatives for this, VNC being one) via their wireless laptop.

It's a way around the houses, however as all the hardware is already present it does the job. Maybe worth looking at in your case, if you have such hardware?

I've seen some of the prices of the wireless USB to VGA dongles - I don't know if they've come down significantly, but at the time of looking I could've bought the Asus EEEBox things for a few tenner's less and done the same as above.

Thank Post
    Thanks that has given me food for thought.

Alistair

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread