+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Digital signage again in Technical; @ plexer. Without a doubt correct, this would be a compromise, although with embedded XP in the monitor there is ...
    Thank Post
    @ plexer. Without a doubt correct, this would be a compromise, although with embedded XP in the monitor there is still one host per screen. Would Xibo care (or even know) if the XP machine was embedded in the monitor or out on the WAN. I would imagine Xibo communicates with the XP machine over LAN (so both the equivalent), and VNC operates at the same level as VGA, so this should have no effect on Xibo....

Thank Post
    @SYSMAN: I had a play with it & I think a small Samsung all in one PC screen. Found Magic net underwhelming really. Maybe I didn't play with it enough to get a feel for it but I didn't get on with the interface. YMMV

3. Thanks to TechMonkey from:

SYSMAN_MK (10th July 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 721 Posts
    Will have to wait and see. As long as it will show powerpoint and images without to much fuss it will be ok. I also liked the fact that the software controls the screens functions. so no need to manually turn it on/off etc

Thank Post
    We have a Samsung Magic Info system, it does everything we need. The LCD screen is excellent.

The only major problem we had was getting the screen to turn off & stay off! It seemed to be waking up all by itself within minutes of being told to shutdown.

Samsung swapped out the box (their idea, not mine) but the replacement did exactly the same. If we removed the network cable it would turn off & on as per schedule, but stick a cable in & it would turn on all by itself. We eventually found some WOL settings enabled on the NIC as part of the embedded XP platform & turned them off. It goes off & stays off now!

I don't much care for the software interface, but once it has its schedule loaded it does the job without issues.

One minor nuisance, it will load a daily schedule, but could not find a way of choosing weekdays only. We are looking at plugging in a 7 day digital timeswitch to turn its power off over the weekend

6. Thanks to broc from:

SYSMAN_MK (10th July 2009)

Thank Post
    We have a few of these Smart-E things that we use for our screens in the canteen... don't know how much they cost, doubt they're cheap but they're pretty solid.
    Manufacturers of Video Switches, Routers and Extenders.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    One of my favourite things which is apparently unique (according to the sales blurb) about Sedao is the ability to chop n paste from any source - i.e. you can just literally "select" a section from a website such as video feed, news scrollers, chunks of text and show that, live, in the presentation. Obviously needs some work when said websites change but very useful indeed.

Thank Post
    Guys,

We are partnered with Navaho and can provide a quote on the whole solution including screens and installations!

Also as Edugeek members you recieve 10% discount on Navaho MediaCat units when purchased through Westwood Associates!

If any one would like a quote and/or demo, PM your details or call me on 01753 881810.

Thank Post
    Anyone know of installers for Sedao systems that can give me a quote?

Thank Post
    We have MyTV-media it does everything we want. check it out here TERACUE**** Encoders - STBs - De and the brochure here: http://www.ohd.no/downloads/pdf/mytv/MyTv_brochure.pdf

Thank Post

Xibo with acer veriton

We are using xibo and have 4 large screens with acer veriton n260g units on the back of each. The acer is about 6 in square (although it's not strictly square) and has wifi (but no cd drive). They come with a plate to screw onto the back of a monitor and the veriton clips into place. We have them set to automatically start up so no KB or mouse required. We also have vnc for remote access to the clients if required.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Sedao View Post
    for the £3k budget mentioned you can get a very nice 40 inch LCD, professionally installed, and a site license to put Sedao on every single PC in the whole school
    What can you do with Sedao that you can't with a web browser? There are thousands of programs, systems, templates, etc, around to let people design and edit nice-looking web pages, what does your software do that's better than all of those?

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Sedao View Post
    Freeware is appealing if you have no budget at all, but for the £3k budget mentioned you can get a very nice 40 inch LCD, professionally installed, and a site license to put Sedao on every single PC in the whole school (and have a good bit left over).
    Or two professionally installed 40 inch Samsung MagicInfo screens (which have been pretty good for us!)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12