+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Cyberlink PowerDvd 5 in Technical; Hi there, I have an RM machine running XP that is refusing to play DVD's using Cyberlink's PowerDVD software. In ...
    Thank Post

Cyberlink PowerDvd 5

Hi there,

I have an RM machine running XP that is refusing to play DVD's using Cyberlink's PowerDVD software. In fact it won't play using any DVD software. The PC just keeps freezing. It will read data from a dvd though just not video. I have tried installling 2 different versions of PowerDVD but to no avail. I have checked that DMA is enabled on the DVD drive. It has worked in the past on this machine but since the teacher has installed Nero 6 it hasn't worked or so it would seem but uninstalling Nero didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Thank Post
    Try a Portable version of VLC to double check or was that one of the pieces of DVD software you've tried?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts
    @Singist:

I would suggest it could be the actual drive which can read CDs but not DVD media, I would replace the drive with one that has been tested.
    We get this occasionally and have a supply of drives which at £5 are cost effective.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information