+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Digi Cam audio playback in Technical; Afternoon everyone. One of the Primary schools that I look after have decided to use the digicams and movie maker ...

Thank Post

Digi Cam audio playback

Afternoon everyone.

One of the Primary schools that I look after have decided to use the digicams and movie maker to create their own stuff. Some of the stuff they have created is fantastic.

However, they are having problems with the transfer from camera to pc. On the playback via the camera the sound is fine. Only when the avi file is transfered via USB to the pc, the audio is really faint and you are barely able to hear whats been recorded.

The cameras are Toshiba PA3620E 1CAM.

I have updated the codecs on the pc's (divx and klite) but still seem to not want to be loud.

Would really appreciate a fix for this if anyone has one.

Thanks, Mickey.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It will probably be due to the audio codec used by the cammera. Certain codecs like high quality AC3 have a really large dynamic range and so need to be preamped to sound very loud on a PC. The cammera probably already preamps it via playback.

The KLight pack probably has some form of control pannel somewhere that you can use to preamp the output of the required codec so that it sounds reasonable. If you want to use the video on multiple machines I would suggest reencoding it to a more common format with the audio preamped so that it plays easily on all pcs. Probably WMV for maximum ease with windows stations or xvid for maximum avalibility to all OSs.

You could use something like super or there is an open source one which others on here have suggested which is good, can't remember the name though.

3. Thanks to SYNACK from:

the_one_that_cant (17th June 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    It will probably be due to the audio codec used by the cammera. Certain codecs like high quality AC3 have a really large dynamic range and so need to be preamped to sound very loud on a PC. The cammera probably already preamps it via playback.

The KLight pack probably has some form of control pannel somewhere that you can use to preamp the output of the required codec so that it sounds reasonable. If you want to use the video on multiple machines I would suggest reencoding it to a more common format with the audio preamped so that it plays easily on all pcs. Probably WMV for maximum ease with windows stations or xvid for maximum avalibility to all OSs.

You could use something like super or there is an open source one which others on here have suggested which is good, can't remember the name though.
    handbrake for conversion of videos or use VLC to playback the videos ( volume control on VLC ) does a pretty good job of amplifying the audio VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player

If no luck there post back

5. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

the_one_that_cant (17th June 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanks for some answers, however, I won't be at the school until Tuesday next week, but will bare it in mind.

They are producing some media to put on at a show in our local Cineworld.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread