+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Mini Visualiser / Portable "PenCam"? in Technical; Hi All, Does anyone know of a product on the market which could be described as a cross between a ...
    Thank Post

Mini Visualiser / Portable "PenCam"?

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a product on the market which could be described as a cross between a mini-visualiser and a pencam?!

Essentially, I'd like to find a way of allowing a teacher to wander around the classroom, suddenly spot a great bit of work and point his pencam at the pupil's work so that it will display back on his computer/ interactive whiteboard!

If anyone has seen the gadget they use on Countdown for zooming in to words in the dictionary, thats the kind of thing I'd like!

Thank Post
    Essentially, I'd like to find a way of allowing a teacher to wander around the classroom, suddenly spot a great bit of work and point his pencam at the pupil's work so that it will display back on his computer/ interactive whiteboard!
    Don't know of one but its a great idea.

I remote desktop into my little eeePC when doing intensive work on it - I'll have a go running the bulit in webcam and see if that does the job just to to a proof of concept.

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Not sure what the quality would be like, but there are a lot of battery powered wireless cameras on the market that output via phono / svideo, that you could combine with a cheap capture card?

Thank Post
    I can't believe there isn't anything on the market but I've done extensive searches and can't find anything!

I've considered a wireless camera (something sold as a "spy cam"!) which would do the job reasonably well. If no one comes back with a link to something similar over the next few days I'll buy it / make it all work and post the links and info here!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread