+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Promethean Activeboard +2 Install questions in Technical; We're looking to install 3 x boards in a new building; I have two questions: 1. What's the minimum floor ...
    Thank Post

Promethean Activeboard +2 Install questions

We're looking to install 3 x boards in a new building; I have two questions:

1. What's the minimum floor - ceiling height requirement for a 78" Promethean AB+2? In two rooms we have plenty of clearance but in the other only 2.3 metres - is this enough? If it's not enough then what's the largest +2 board that we can use, if any?

2. Promethean state that the AB+2 can only be installed by an accredited and Promethean trained installer. Why is this? For years we have had all manner of AV equipment installed by a local company with excellent results and prices. Now, all of a sudden we find that this company cannot do this install as they're not accredited. What's so special about the +2 boards that necessitates this requirement?

Thank Post
    We have BECTA approved/ Promethean Accredited installers who can provide a free site survey to see if your walls are suitable for installation.

PM me if this is of interest.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
    We have BECTA approved/ Promethean Accredited installers who can provide a free site survey to see if your walls are suitable for installation.

PM me if this is of interest.
    The walls are blockwork lined with 10mm plasterboard and skimmed so should be OK?

Thank Post
    The total height of the system is 2.6m, but this can be limited using stoppers that fit in the two vertical extrusions (legs to you and me). The Activeboard +2 is quite a complicated bit of kit to install, which is why promethean are insisting installers become accredited to fit them (i've done it and fitted one!)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by western View Post
    The total height of the system is 2.6m, but this can be limited using stoppers that fit in the two vertical extrusions (legs to you and me). The Activeboard +2 is quite a complicated bit of kit to install, which is why promethean are insisting installers become accredited to fit them (i've done it and fitted one!)
    I think probably the other reason is liability. The boards will be pretty heavy with the projector attached and you wouldn't really want this falling on someone's head.

We had a couple of rooms with a short floor to ceiling distance - if your lucky the Promethean engineer can setup projector arm and wall mount off the wall then fix it in place. This means that you don't need the extra headroom to drop the projector boom arm etc.

Thank Post
    There are 2 reasons for getting an acreditation process going.

1. The original +2 systems included around 70 seperate components that needed fittinf together and as such if it is done incorrectly it will not work as designed and could be potentially dangerous.

2. Some resellers invest a great deal of time and effort in ensuring that they have the full knowledge and skill base to properly service their customers, many do not. Accreditation at least lets you know that the people involved are aware of the products they are installing.

It is not an ideal way of working however it is intended to safe guard the customers rather than be obstuctive.

Darren

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread