+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Anyone got one of these? in Technical; [ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_bromley/2530898630/"]Using a SMART board without a computer on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3102/2530898630_5c859079d2.jpg?v=0@@AMEPARAM@@253089863 0@@AMEPARAM@@5c859079d2[/ame] does anybody have these installed and are ...
    Thank Post

Anyone got one of these?

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_bromley/2530898630/"]Using a SMART board without a computer on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3102/2530898630_5c859079d2.jpg?v=0@@AMEPARAM@@253089863 0@@AMEPARAM@@5c859079d2[/ame]

does anybody have these installed and are they any good..
    how are they working in your school?

Thanks
    Adam

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post
    that's a fantastic idea! I seriously have no idea why they didn't do this sooner

Thank Post
    Yeah, we have 13 of the SB680i (v1) boards installed within the school, and they have been in use for approx 2 years now.

The projector is integrated and connected via a short length boom.

During the past 12 months SMART have revised the model of the projector, now using a Short Throw (orange coloured) Toshiba Projector.
    The speakers have been removed from the version 2 model, but are available as an optional extra.

Oh, forgot to mention that feedback has been very good from staff, especially as the computer doesnot have to be switched on to use.
    Also Steljes UK, who support these have changed the warranty terms to on-site support. (no more posting a faulty board back to them!)
    Last edited by MYK-IT; 6th May 2009 at 03:28 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Cool! I want some!

Thank Post
    Yeah, we've got a couple of boards that do that. Looks good until you realise that all you can do with them is hand-write / draw on them, and there's no interactivity with something once you've drawn it. Useful if you only ever want to write notes up and retain a copy of what was written, but limited for application after that.

Thank Post
    I have a version 1 unit and it's the biggest pain of all the IWBs here. I don't think the projector is very good on the first one (I hear the tosh is a big improvement) and I find the scratchpad functionality just adds un-needed complexity.

Takes ages to start up as well.

IMHO if you just want to use it as a whiteboard / chalkboard, you may as well buy a whiteboard / chalkboard. It's a darn sight cheaper

I imagine it might be useful if the projector breaks, but I cart an old school whiteboard in as a temp for that.

I got it because I liked the sound of the integrated projector on a boom, but since getting it, every one I've ordered since has been a normal smartboard and one of the orange toshiba short throws with mount and wall control (for on/off etc.) Can't recommend those enough.

My recommendation therefore is for the standard boards (or even a widescreen one) YMMV.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information