+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Connecting monitor to av reciever with xbox 360 and wii in Technical; Originally Posted by DMcCoy No HDCP it seems, I'd give up on it as a lost cause with anything HDMI. ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcCoy View Post
    No HDCP it seems, I'd give up on it as a lost cause with anything HDMI. You my be able to use component on the xbox instead (no idea what they have on the new ones) and then use a component to vga convertor. There's no guarantee anything will work though depending on the supported resolutions and refresh rates.

If it had been a normal lcd tv then it would have just been a case of running a component and hdmi from the amp!
    I have no idea why they bought that monitor, they had to ship it from japan which took over 2 months, there are so many 65 inch LCD tv's now that have a multitude of inputs on them, i think they saw us coming and ripped us off.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcCoy View Post
    If it had been a normal lcd tv then it would have just been a case of running a component and hdmi from the amp!
    do you need the touch screen function of the monitor? It might be worth just buying a good LCD tv. It would save all the hastle
    Hope you get it sorted

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    do you need the touch screen function of the monitor? It might be worth just buying a good LCD tv. It would save all the hastle
    Hope you get it sorted
    It was the case of someone else bought it and now we have to get it all working together, i dont know why they need the touch screen part. If it was up to me i would send it back and just buy a TV, or buy a projector and a screen you can control up and down so it is out of the way when not needed.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tomscaper View Post
    It was the case of someone else bought it and now we have to get it all working together
    Allways the case been there many times, if the powers that be would just let use get on with it and buy what we want not what they think looks good our lives would be so much easier
    anyway it's the end of my working week now good luck with it

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    Allways the case been there many times, if the powers that be would just let use get on with it and buy what we want not what they think looks good our lives would be so much easier
    anyway it's the end of my working week now good luck with it
    I think i am gonna pass on the info that it isn't possible to set this up to work the way they want, and that they need to go back to the people they bought the equipment from as it clearly isn't fit for what we bought it for.

Thank Post
    One thing to check is to make doubly sure you select the correct input on the amp and then turn on the XBox. I've got a Mac Mini connected to an Onkyo TX-SR606 for HTPC duties and unless the Onkyo is set to the correct input before the Mac is turned on, I get no display on the TV. I think it is due to a HDMI handshaking issue.

FWIW, I run both an HTPC and DVD/HDD recorder via my amp to the TV an it's connected as follows:

DVD/HDD recorder - Video: Component, Audio: Digital Co-ax
    Mac Mini - Video: DVI to HDMI cable, Audio: Digital Optical

I then run an HDMI cable from the amp to the TV with a DVI to HDMI adapter on the TV end (no HDMI connector). Works a treat!

Wierdly, once I have done above (amp set to source before powering up HTPC), I can switch back and forth between the inputs for the HTPC and DVD/HDD recorder with no issues, so I definately think it's some form of handshaking issue,

As an added bonus, any component or composite signal going into the Onkyo gets upscaled to 1080i if you are using the HDMI output to the TV. I only see 720p, as that';s the max my TV will support, but it still looks pretty stunning.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12