+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Identify this Projector mounts in Technical; Hi, long time reader, first timer poster.... I've just had to buy a replacement projector for one of our classrooms ...

Thank Post

Identify this Projector mounts

Hi,
    long time reader, first timer poster....

I've just had to buy a replacement projector for one of our classrooms and thought by buying basically the newer version of the projector I would be replace you mean mounting holes would be the same. But lo and behold sanyo haven't made it that easy.
    The projector we had was the sanyo plc xe31 and we have replaced it with the plc xe32.

The plate that attaches to the projector (see picture1) then screws onto another plate with screws in a 70mmx125mm pattern and that in turn is ultimately connected to a rod with a threaded end(see picture 2).

Can any one 1) Identify the plate or its manufacturer so i order one without having to replace the whole assembly, or 2) Recommend a mount that i can attach to my threaded rod?

Ta

James May
    St Margarets CofE Junior School
    Last edited by jamesmay; 23rd March 2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added pictures

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No piccys

Thank Post
    Sorry our LGFL blocking didnt like me uploading the photos with it.

Thank Post
    Why not see if your DT department can help (if you're a secondary though I'm not sure about insurance should anything they make snap).

Failing that, I'd try whoever you bought the projector from. The bit still in the ceiling looks fairly standard, and the projector you have is an "Education" model, so mounting plates must be the order of the day. You might also want to contact whoever did the original install to see if they can help.

Good luck! (I knew there was a reason I spent ages sourcing exactly the same projector when we had one stolen...)

Thank Post
    Unfortunately I cannot find out who did the work, having checked with the bursar, site manager and head, my predecessor wasnt very good at telling people what he was doing/getting done....

Thank Post
    I work for a projector installer

and we had the same problem as you

we used this kits to get round the problem
    Pro Signal Close to Ceiling Universal Projector Mount [PROSIG10] - £29.00 : AV Partsmaster

the feet on the mounting come off and fit to the projector. you can get rid of the item you have in picture 1 as it is not need anymore.

you then fix the projector (feet) onto the pole mounting which you all ready have. The feet can be moved to match each hole on the mounting plate

hope this helps

darren

Thank Post
    Sounds to me like your bursar can't be bothered to search through the old invoices...

That said, the solution above looks good (and cheaper than any I found). We have a similar item holding up a Hitachi.

Thank Post
    The bracket looks like a UniCol design.

We've used them here, but they are not cheap. ~£100+

Where we had to replace with an alternative model, we ended up modifying the existing bracket (drilling extra holes, or rotating the bracket 180 degrees to align at least 3 holes).

The alternative is a universal bracket (I think Lindy sell them) but they are quite fiddly especially if you take the projectors down each night.

(You could always get Design Tech / Care Taker to make a generic wooden box to match the dimensions of the projector and screw the existing bracket to the top of it )

Thank Post
    Could you not take a drill to the old one and resit the holes to a new location? Find correct size screws and washers and away you go? Saves money and lets you get your hands dirty.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 1,497 Posts
    On that mount the legs at the bottom are positioned to be correct for the sanyo projector it was fitted too so you can't change the location of the holes.

We've got some like those and they were fitted by promethean installers.

A lot of bracket mounting systems use large threaded rod like that so you can mount a different system to the bottom of it like has been suggested.

Ben

Thank Post
    The pole kit that i suggested comes with all the screws which are need to mount a projector on the pole. I have carried out this on 6 or more projectors within school and had no problems. only takes about 10 mins and easy to do

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 1,497 Posts
    As longs as the new projector is capable of reaching the screen from the same distance then you won't need to move the pole either.

Ben

Thank Post
    Just wondering if you could give me the size of the smartboard

when you find the size out you can go on to Projectors from Projector Point - LCD and DLP Projectors to Buy or Hire and a program is on there which will tell you if it fits on the board at throw distance of the projector at the mo

Thank Post
    For insurance purposes we have to get cages like these Top Tec Security & Industrial Products - UK for all the projectors we have which bumps the price up a lot.

The advantage is though, they fit all know brands, cause the projectors all fit inside the space. we do have some of the older projectors fitted with similar brakets to what you have, I may have some of these older brackets lying around (although I probably disposed of them).

Thank Post
    Hi James, can I just say I think you're great on Top Gear!
    Sorry.. you probably get that all the time!

If it was me I'd be very tempted to hold the projector up with some big hunka-chunka cable ties. But then I am quite ridiculous really.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast