+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Projector advice and display kit in Technical; I'm looking to get a display kit, as our projector, laptop and speaker set is absolute pish. Ideally I'd like ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Projector advice and display kit

I'm looking to get a display kit, as our projector, laptop and speaker set is absolute pish.
    Ideally I'd like a projector that can play DVDs, a netbook and some 2.1 speakers if needed. This is meant to be portable so that is my lightest solution. Next option would be normal portable projector and a laptop with dvd drive.
    Has anyone got any recommendations on projectors as I've looked at reviews for the Optoma DV11 and DVD100 and the Toshiba ET20, but without testing its capability it's hard to guess how well they perform in situations other than an XBOX or Wii.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    I'd look at the NEC Projectors, had great success with them myself in all forms and sizes. Avoid the NP100 and NP200 models as they are not NEC Products they are re-badged units and not up to the usual quality (info from my local AV Supplier who is an NEC Approved Dealer) but the 300 is a cracking unit

Thank Post
    It depends heaviliy on what you want to use it for too, if you are looking for a unit that you can just use in a classroom then something perhaps like the NEC NP-60 but for projecting in a hall you will want something a bit more heavy duty.

I agree with the NEC opinion, we've supplied many and have fewest complaints about these.

Neil

Thank Post
    AS a portable projector i would look at Epson as they have no cool down time so are instant OFF, most others you will have to allow to cool down before moving and also are very sensitive to knocks when on or cooling also look at lamp prices, the Epson are from around £130 for a lamp, and for educatio have a 4 year on site cover.

Marc

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    it will be used mainly for when outside people come in and want to display powerpoint, or a movie in a place with no projector/iwb. something i can drag down, set up with a normal screen and leave running. so nothing fixed, but i was looking at the ones with inbuilt dvd just to lighten the load of carrying a full size laptop if the projector can do it

Thank Post
    I would still recomend the Epson over all other types it will mean you have to have a small DVD player (preferable to a laptop) cost around £30.

Marc

Thank Post
    If you want to move it around alot and not trail cables everywhere I'd suggest looking at a short throw projector where the screen (or plain wall) can be ultra close (60cm away). There was an NEC model around for a while with mirrors. I have some Hitachi ED-A100 units which are amazing - especially mounted above IWBs so young children are not confused by their own shadow being cast by a distant projector.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread