+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Quick info needed Smart E70 Interactive Flat Panel in Technical; Anyone got one or seen it in proper classroom use? Looking for feedback on anti-glare abilities and accuracy/responsiveness (new school ...

Thank Post

Quick info needed Smart E70 Interactive Flat Panel

Anyone got one or seen it in proper classroom use?

Looking for feedback on anti-glare abilities and accuracy/responsiveness

(new school SLT want one NOW and I want to make sure they are not buying a lemon!)

Simon

Thank Post
    Is this not going EOL very soon?

Thank Post
    Is it?
    Is that why the price is the same as the others (I'm sure when I looked in the past it was MUCH more expensive than equivalents from others)

Is there a technical reason for it going EOL or just bringing out new product (like all manufacturers do - and new ones only stand 50/50 chance of being actually better than old ones so not too bothered about that

Under severe time pressure here and just making sure no lemon being bought

Simon

Thank Post
    If you search on the forum you'll find a few comments about these. From what I remember the speakers aren't up to much, but apart from that they seem ok. We demoed one and all the staff liked it. The glare wasn't too bad from the students point of view but being close to the screen sometimes proved a bit tricky in terms of glare. It depends where your windows are I guess.

5. Thanks to Zourous from:

SimpleSi (25th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Got a few of these... Accurate, viewing is fine...But, the speakers are very 'flat' is possibly the best way to describe. Teachers have complained. Shame as it is a nice screen in all other regards. Add some wall mounted active speakers, all good

7. Thanks to achedgy from:

SimpleSi (25th June 2014)

Thank Post
    This is to replace existing smart board/speaker setup so I'll just stick with the original speakers then

Thank Post
    We have fitted a few, no complaints really apart from the poor sound quality.

Nothing a cheap set of wall speakers can't resolve, I haven't heard of it going EOL our account manager said they were just trying to make the product more competitive in price.

10. Thanks to Educare_AV from:

SimpleSi (26th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Will agree with the previous posts, the sound level is terrible for classroom use. We had one installed in our foundation unit and had to have the previous wall speakers reinstalled. Teachers and kids love it but the sound issue left a bad taste and wont have anymore installed as can get other makes with software that also loads Smart notebook files.

12. Thanks to TechSupp from:

Thank Post
    So apart from sound (which isn't an issue as already got amplified speakers in place) they are fine

Thanks people.

I've had a test of the Alphatouch (factory is 2 mile from my house - its seemed fine but E70 coming in from my normal installer a few hundred cheaper for slight bigger display so going to go it for my first foray into the new world

Simon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We have installed well into the 100's of these SMART E70's into primary's and secondary's. The anti glare works really well to reduce glare considerably but you will never eliminate it completely. You will notice a huge difference between a screen with and without anti glare though. The low friction glass is also a feature that has been well received by teachers who spend all day running their fingers over the screens. The E70 has a extremely responsive screen and it seems to track much better that the current market leader. SMART did not rush the E70 into production and by taking their time have produced a highly polished product.

The internal speakers are not very powerful but you can get a sound bar from LG that looks great with the E70 (Others available too) and works well or you can continue to use the audio from your previous Smartboard installation.

We have not had any issues with the screens since they came out. We may be lucky but i am convinced that they are robust reliable units that compare very well to the competition. We do sell other screens too so i know whats out there.

You will not get a lemon if you buy the E70. They are no longer the expensive option but that will depend on who you purchase from. In my opinion they are still the Rolls Royce of touchscreens currently available. SMART E70 fact sheet from Cablers | Cablers

Last edited by Cablers_JonPaul; 26th June 2014 at 10:46 AM.

15. Thanks to Cablers_JonPaul from:

Thank Post
    We were sent one of these to evaluate the other week, then they took it back and gave us the new model which was replacing it.

It was a nice panel other than that.

Thank Post
    What is the new model - how is it different and how much more?

Thank Post
    This one - SMART Board 6065 interactive flat panel - SMART Technologies

Very different in terms of technology (Camera and LED based rather than IR) and the display looked amazing with a 4K source, but there are only a few units in the country at the moment so we only had it for one day. Stock arriving immintently so I am told. I don't do pricing, sorry.

Thank Post
    Just had an interesting email from a company that is quite detrimental over the E70 (old, prone to failure, difficult to get fixed) that has not been echoed by anyone here so unless someone neutral comes out to support them, I'm going for the E70

As they used to say in the old days - no-one gets fired for buying IBM

Simon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MbroTech View Post
    This one - SMART Board 6065 interactive flat panel - SMART Technologies

Very different in terms of technology (Camera and LED based rather than IR) and the display looked amazing with a 4K source, but there are only a few units in the country at the moment so we only had it for one day. Stock arriving immintently so I am told. I don't do pricing, sorry.
    We do those too. Shipping in time for summer installations. SMART Board® 6065 interactive flat panel | Cablers

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast