+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Quick info needed Smart E70 Interactive Flat Panel in Technical; Originally Posted by SimpleSi Just had an interesting email from a company that is quite detrimental over the E70 (old, ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    Just had an interesting email from a company that is quite detrimental over the E70 (old, prone to failure, difficult to get fixed) that has not been echoed by anyone here so unless someone neutral comes out to support them, I'm going for the E70

As they used to say in the old days - no-one gets fired for buying IBM

Simon
    We are not tied to one brand, we are independent unlike some companies who need to sell a certain volume of one particular brand in order to qualify for preferential pricing discounts. We sell BenQ, Smart, Promethean along with some Panasonic, Toshiba, Sony, Hannspree and LG. We work closely with our customers to provide the best option for their specific needs and not just what we want to sell them. I can hand on heart say that we have had no problems with the SMART E70's and even if you did they are backed by a robust education warranty. What screen do this other company recommend?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    Is it?
    Is that why the price is the same as the others (I'm sure when I looked in the past it was MUCH more expensive than equivalents from others)

Is there a technical reason for it going EOL or just bringing out new product (like all manufacturers do - and new ones only stand 50/50 chance of being actually better than old ones so not too bothered about that

Under severe time pressure here and just making sure no lemon being bought

Simon
    It will not go EOL, it will be sold alongside the new SMARTBoard 6065. SMART Board® 6065 interactive flat panel | Cablers
    Smart were late to the touchscreen party and reduced their price a while ago to better compete with other touchscreens for the schools market.

Thank Post
    I've installed 6 e70's so far, and have 13 of them being delivered today. I think they look much nicer than a lot of the other screens, although they could be slimmer.

The new model looks great, but 65" is just a little too small for us, so we've stuck with the e70's. Don't forget to factor in the cost of the 5 year warranty, as they only come with a 2 year warranty as standard.

As others have mentioned, the speakers are useless, Roth audio are making a new version of their Sub Zero II soundbar in white, specifically to go with the E70 - the install kit even comes with the optical cable to connect it up. We've ordered these, lead time is about 2 weeks at the moment.

Final thing to consider is they are very heavy, - 74kg, so u need a sturdy wall to take it!

Steve

4. Thanks to steveg from:

Cablers_JonPaul (26th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg View Post
    I've installed 6 e70's so far, and have 13 of them being delivered today. I think they look much nicer than a lot of the other screens, although they could be slimmer.

The new model looks great, but 65" is just a little too small for us, so we've stuck with the e70's. Don't forget to factor in the cost of the 5 year warranty, as they only come with a 2 year warranty as standard.

As others have mentioned, the speakers are useless, Roth audio are making a new version of their Sub Zero II soundbar in white, specifically to go with the E70 - the install kit even comes with the optical cable to connect it up. We've ordered these, lead time is about 2 weeks at the moment.

Final thing to consider is they are very heavy, - 74kg, so u need a sturdy wall to take it!

Steve
    I will look into the audio from Roth. Cheers.

Thank Post
    The 6065 we saw had the Roth soundbar attached, but I think it is an optional extra.

Thank Post
    I would seriously consider looking at all options for this type of product instead of selecting just the one. If there are market leaders then they are market leaders for a reason. You will have to consider not only price but also functionality, connectivity, software and also support. As on old phrase you:-"you pay for what you get". Cheaper isnt always best.

8. Thanks to Balrog from:

Robx (26th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    I would seriously consider looking at all options for this type of product instead of selecting just the one. If there are market leaders then they are market leaders for a reason. You will have to consider not only price but also functionality, connectivity, software and also support. As on old phrase you:-"you pay for what you get". Cheaper isnt always best.
    Sometimes the only reason a product becomes a market leader is because it was first to market. The first to market will not always stay the best choice even though it may well still boast about being the market leader or number 1 this or that.

I agree with Balrog, do your homework and edugeek is as good as place as any to start swotting up.

Thank Post
    I'm sorry but generally market leaders have so much more to offer than just being the first to market and yes you are correct in saying it may not be the best choice but they have the right to boast because that is what they are. The best choice is surely made by the customer once they have seen all avenues and is not forced to make a choice just based on other peoples say so.

Thank Post
    Excellent info people.I think I'll sleep soundly getting a E70 for my first board

Thank Post
    We've just had one fitted. It makes the 680 series I've got in my room look like a rotting dinosaur's corpse....

utterly stunning bit of kit

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    I'm sorry but generally market leaders have so much more to offer than just being the first to market and yes you are correct in saying it may not be the best choice but they have the right to boast because that is what they are. The best choice is surely made by the customer once they have seen all avenues and is not forced to make a choice just based on other peoples say so.
    With established technologies like wireless, MDM's and interactive whiteboards you would be right that generally market leaders have more to offer. It also depends on what market they are talking about whats best for the education market may not be best for customers in the commercial sector. Customers vote with their orders and over time you see the trends easily enough. With a new technologies like the large format display touchscreens i think its a little early to decide.
    I advise anyone to choose the screens they fancy and then go test those choices out. Don't just rely on the slick demonstrations that are designed to make the screens look good. Replicate some real classroom scenario's and see how those screens perform. Make some note's! You will rarely get two screens from different manufactures sat next to each other to play with at the same time which will make your notes invaluable when you test the next screen. By the time you make your choice of whats best for your school you will have discovered if the market leaders boasts are valid or hollow.

Thank Post
    You seem very anti regarding these alleged Market Leaders for this product. Surely they or their products are not that bad? Or you basing this on personal experience and if so what did they do?

Thank Post
    @Balrog
    Can we stick to whether E70 is OK or not - ta

Simon

Thank Post
    yes by all means as long as everyone else does too. IN my opinion you would be better looking at all options including the market leaders to make up your own mind.

Thank Post
    E70 is a good touch screen, they look and work fab on an electric raiser, really work well with the kids. Interested in the Roth audio soundbar though, must check that out

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast