+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Quick info needed Smart E70 Interactive Flat Panel in Technical; Originally Posted by SimpleSi Just had an interesting email from a company that is quite detrimental over the E70 (old, ...
  1. #16
    Cablers_JonPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    90
    Thank Post
    7
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    Just had an interesting email from a company that is quite detrimental over the E70 (old, prone to failure, difficult to get fixed) that has not been echoed by anyone here so unless someone neutral comes out to support them, I'm going for the E70

    As they used to say in the old days - no-one gets fired for buying IBM

    Simon
    We are not tied to one brand, we are independent unlike some companies who need to sell a certain volume of one particular brand in order to qualify for preferential pricing discounts. We sell BenQ, Smart, Promethean along with some Panasonic, Toshiba, Sony, Hannspree and LG. We work closely with our customers to provide the best option for their specific needs and not just what we want to sell them. I can hand on heart say that we have had no problems with the SMART E70's and even if you did they are backed by a robust education warranty. What screen do this other company recommend?

  2. #17
    Cablers_JonPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    90
    Thank Post
    7
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    Is it?
    Is that why the price is the same as the others (I'm sure when I looked in the past it was MUCH more expensive than equivalents from others)

    Is there a technical reason for it going EOL or just bringing out new product (like all manufacturers do - and new ones only stand 50/50 chance of being actually better than old ones so not too bothered about that


    Under severe time pressure here and just making sure no lemon being bought

    Simon
    It will not go EOL, it will be sold alongside the new SMARTBoard 6065. SMART Board® 6065 interactive flat panel | Cablers
    Smart were late to the touchscreen party and reduced their price a while ago to better compete with other touchscreens for the schools market.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    470
    Thank Post
    16
    Thanked 88 Times in 80 Posts
    Rep Power
    30
    I've installed 6 e70's so far, and have 13 of them being delivered today. I think they look much nicer than a lot of the other screens, although they could be slimmer.

    The new model looks great, but 65" is just a little too small for us, so we've stuck with the e70's. Don't forget to factor in the cost of the 5 year warranty, as they only come with a 2 year warranty as standard.

    As others have mentioned, the speakers are useless, Roth audio are making a new version of their Sub Zero II soundbar in white, specifically to go with the E70 - the install kit even comes with the optical cable to connect it up. We've ordered these, lead time is about 2 weeks at the moment.

    Final thing to consider is they are very heavy, - 74kg, so u need a sturdy wall to take it!

    Steve

  4. Thanks to steveg from:

    Cablers_JonPaul (26th June 2014)

  5. #19
    Cablers_JonPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    90
    Thank Post
    7
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg View Post
    I've installed 6 e70's so far, and have 13 of them being delivered today. I think they look much nicer than a lot of the other screens, although they could be slimmer.

    The new model looks great, but 65" is just a little too small for us, so we've stuck with the e70's. Don't forget to factor in the cost of the 5 year warranty, as they only come with a 2 year warranty as standard.

    As others have mentioned, the speakers are useless, Roth audio are making a new version of their Sub Zero II soundbar in white, specifically to go with the E70 - the install kit even comes with the optical cable to connect it up. We've ordered these, lead time is about 2 weeks at the moment.

    Final thing to consider is they are very heavy, - 74kg, so u need a sturdy wall to take it!

    Steve
    I will look into the audio from Roth. Cheers.

  6. #20
    MbroTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    74
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    The 6065 we saw had the Roth soundbar attached, but I think it is an optional extra.

  7. #21

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    I would seriously consider looking at all options for this type of product instead of selecting just the one. If there are market leaders then they are market leaders for a reason. You will have to consider not only price but also functionality, connectivity, software and also support. As on old phrase you:-"you pay for what you get". Cheaper isnt always best.

  8. Thanks to Balrog from:

    Robx (26th June 2014)

  9. #22
    Cablers_JonPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    90
    Thank Post
    7
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    I would seriously consider looking at all options for this type of product instead of selecting just the one. If there are market leaders then they are market leaders for a reason. You will have to consider not only price but also functionality, connectivity, software and also support. As on old phrase you:-"you pay for what you get". Cheaper isnt always best.
    Sometimes the only reason a product becomes a market leader is because it was first to market. The first to market will not always stay the best choice even though it may well still boast about being the market leader or number 1 this or that.

    I agree with Balrog, do your homework and edugeek is as good as place as any to start swotting up.

  10. #23

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm sorry but generally market leaders have so much more to offer than just being the first to market and yes you are correct in saying it may not be the best choice but they have the right to boast because that is what they are. The best choice is surely made by the customer once they have seen all avenues and is not forced to make a choice just based on other peoples say so.

  11. #24

    SimpleSi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    5,829
    Thank Post
    1,476
    Thanked 594 Times in 446 Posts
    Rep Power
    169
    Excellent info people.I think I'll sleep soundly getting a E70 for my first board

  12. #25
    jstuttard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    151
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    We've just had one fitted. It makes the 680 series I've got in my room look like a rotting dinosaur's corpse....

    utterly stunning bit of kit

  13. #26
    Cablers_JonPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    90
    Thank Post
    7
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    I'm sorry but generally market leaders have so much more to offer than just being the first to market and yes you are correct in saying it may not be the best choice but they have the right to boast because that is what they are. The best choice is surely made by the customer once they have seen all avenues and is not forced to make a choice just based on other peoples say so.
    With established technologies like wireless, MDM's and interactive whiteboards you would be right that generally market leaders have more to offer. It also depends on what market they are talking about whats best for the education market may not be best for customers in the commercial sector. Customers vote with their orders and over time you see the trends easily enough. With a new technologies like the large format display touchscreens i think its a little early to decide.
    I advise anyone to choose the screens they fancy and then go test those choices out. Don't just rely on the slick demonstrations that are designed to make the screens look good. Replicate some real classroom scenario's and see how those screens perform. Make some note's! You will rarely get two screens from different manufactures sat next to each other to play with at the same time which will make your notes invaluable when you test the next screen. By the time you make your choice of whats best for your school you will have discovered if the market leaders boasts are valid or hollow.

  14. #27

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    You seem very anti regarding these alleged Market Leaders for this product. Surely they or their products are not that bad? Or you basing this on personal experience and if so what did they do?

  15. #28

    SimpleSi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    5,829
    Thank Post
    1,476
    Thanked 594 Times in 446 Posts
    Rep Power
    169
    @Balrog
    Can we stick to whether E70 is OK or not - ta

    Simon

  16. #29

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    yes by all means as long as everyone else does too. IN my opinion you would be better looking at all options including the market leaders to make up your own mind.

  17. #30
    achedgy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    204
    Thank Post
    42
    Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts
    Rep Power
    24
    E70 is a good touch screen, they look and work fab on an electric raiser, really work well with the kids. Interested in the Roth audio soundbar though, must check that out

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th September 2011, 02:48 PM
  2. SMART Board for Flat Panel Displays
    By markwilliamson2001 in forum Windows
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 7th November 2007, 04:44 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 4th July 2007, 08:56 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th September 2006, 05:05 PM
  5. Online tests info needed please!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By suesmate in forum ICT KS3 SATS Tests
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11th August 2006, 06:25 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •