+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Projector Deep Cleaning in Technical; If anyone gets this done on a yearly basis would you be able to give me an indication of how ...

Thank Post

Projector Deep Cleaning

If anyone gets this done on a yearly basis would you be able to give me an indication of how much you pay? Also what type of projectors do you get cleaned. I am looking at how much it would cost for Smart LightRaise.
    Thanks

Thank Post
    Deep cleaning in what sense? There's cleaning the filters, then there's taking the top off and cleaning internally and the lenses and then there's deep cleaning the optics.

3. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

fiza (14th May 2014)

Thank Post
    I find my PFY is useful for this.

Thank Post
    We don't send our projectors away for deep cleans annually just as and when required.

Generally it costs us around £140 per projector - majority are Sanyo of various models

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    We don't send our projectors away for deep cleans annually just as and when required.

Generally it costs us around £140 per projector - majority are Sanyo of various models
    £140 seems quite a high price for cleaning when you can pick up a new Epson projector for around £250

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    £140 seems quite a high price for cleaning when you can pick up a new Epson projector for around £250

It seems to be about the going rate - if you find somewhere cheaper let me know )

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    There's a difference between cleaning and deep cleaning though. Deep cleaning is always more expensive.

Thank Post
    What is involed in "deep cleaning"? Most of ours are well out of warrenty and get stripped and optics cleaned every so often, normally along side anew bulb. What else to they do for the £140 ?

Thank Post
    I think it's a case of cleaning every internal component on the optics?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Projector Deep Cleaning

Hi Fiza,
    I am surprised that such a new model as a Smart lightraise needs it already as it should be under warranty if you have problems.

Unless it's an ultra short throw or interactive projector I would not even consider having one fixed up but with more expensive models it may be more economical to have them fixed and serviced rather than buy new again. If you can take them down and put them up yourself it will save you a few quid that you would normally need to factor into the equation. The Smart Lightraise can be a bit of a fiddle on install.

I will keep my eye on this thread as I would like to know if anyone can recommend a decent service company in the South East. We have been lacking one in this area since Aztech went out of business. I would also like to know what sort of a warranty comes with a unit once it has had a full service and its guts replaced?

I've just had a Unify short throw serviced with a bulb change and it came in under €260 including vat but not by much. Warranty not great and the school have incurred de/re installation costs and postage. It was still cheaper than a new short throw though.

They don't get the peace of mind of a long warranty with fast replacement. I know the teacher was pulling her hair out without a projector and not every school have a spare in the cupboard for emergencies.

We still have schools that refuse to accept that projectors have a limited lifespan and insist on eeking out some more use. It's admirable but quite often does not make good economic sense. It would be nice if I could point them somewhere as well as quoting for replacement kit.

Sent from my iPad using EduGeek
    Last edited by Cablers_JonPaul; 15th May 2014 at 10:31 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablers_JonPaul View Post
    Hi Fiza,
    I am surprised that such a new model as a Smart lightraise needs it already as it should be under warranty if you have problems.
    Hi Jon-Paul, I am looking at the future requirements. The Lightraise projectors will be under warranty but I have been recommended that they should be deep cleaned once per year for maintenance.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I will give Steljes a call tomorrow and see what they say. It's not something we encourage our customers to do. It might be if we provided projector cleaning as a service and stood to make money from it.

If you have a company come round and give them a once over each year in situ I can see the benefit in that but I wouldn't recommend they are taken down and reinstalled each year. I've no idea what constitutes a deep clean if I am honest with you. While under warranty it's best to do minimal maintenance . You don't want anyone other than the manufacture opening them up while they are covered.

http://downloads01.smarttech.com/med...dev15may13.pdf

Check out the cleaning info in this PDF. I will come back to you with further clarification once I've had a chat with Steljes.

14. Thanks to Cablers_JonPaul from:

fiza (16th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablers_JonPaul View Post
    I will give Steljes a call tomorrow and see what they say. It's not something we encourage our customers to do. It might be if we provided projector cleaning as a service and stood to make money from it.

If you have a company come round and give them a once over each year in situ I can see the benefit in that but I wouldn't recommend they are taken down and reinstalled each year. I've no idea what constitutes a deep clean if I am honest with you. While under warranty it's best to do minimal maintenance . You don't want anyone other than the manufacture opening them up while they are covered.

http://downloads01.smarttech.com/med...dev15may13.pdf

Check out the cleaning info in this PDF. I will come back to you with further clarification once I've had a chat with Steljes.

@Cablers_JonPaul - Any news fron Steljes?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorry Fiza,

I forgot to reply.

Steljes have advised that you give the vents a regular hoover to avoid any build up and keep the air flowing efficiently, they also said that it does not do any harm to clean dust from the lamp enclosure occasionally. They do not recommend taking the units down for this and it is easy to do in situ.

They do not recommend using any cleaning products on the lenses or mirrors to reduce the risk of abrasion. Apart from this minor preventive maintenance its best to leave your projectors well alone. Especially while under warranty.

All of this can be done by a caretaker or an IT tech and shouldn't need the services of a company charging quite a lot of money for not much work.
    Treat the IT office to a dust buster!

17. Thanks to Cablers_JonPaul from:

fiza (21st May 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread