+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Casio LED Projector Troubles in Technical; ...
    Thank Post

Casio LED Projector Troubles

We have bought Casio LED projectors for coming up to the last 5 years since they were first bought out on the market and all the hype about the 5 year warranty/10000 hour warranty and the potential for it to go on for a long time has kept us buying them even due to the high initial cost.

We have about 90 onsite here mainly XJ-A130 and A131 and wanted to let you know of recent issues.

I would say roughly 15-20% of all of the units have been sent back now due to one (I believe) inherent fault which are lots of tiny pixels on the image which when I ring they all seem aware of this issue and no further questions seem to be asked regarding the fault. I was wondering how many other people are experiencing this fault and is it on the same level?

I am also concerned about the quality of the refurbished units Casio are sending us as replacements for the faulty units. I have had two sent back with smudges and hairs inside the lens and recently one sent to us with a cable caught in the fan and the replacement for the replacement has a smudge mark on the image. Itís not the end of the world as I know if I ring them up they will send another one but everything at Casio seems to take a long time.
    You speak to one person on the phone who logs the call takes all details which takes about 15 minutes normally and then a few days later someone else rings you to arrange collection. This is worlds apart from the experience we used to have with Epson who would remember all your details, log a call in a few minutes and send an engineer out the next day.

I am thinking about contacting Casio expressing my concerns but was wondering has anyone moved away because of these issues or have any input into my problems?

Cheers as always

Thank Post
    The old school I worked at had them and got the same fault as you on a couple. Like you said the time from logging a call and getting a replacement was some times over a week! Plus I had to take down and put them back up myself...

Where I am now it's all Epson. Any issues, engineer out next day to fit a replacement.

Thank Post
    Sorry for your troubles - So glad I didn't go down the Casio route last year!! Stuck with Epson.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just for a bit of balance, we have been buying Casio for the last few years as well, couple sent back due to not turning on and thought the service was excellent.

Thank Post
    we have casio Projectors and haven't notice this issue. is it an Obvious fault?

Thank Post
    Yes. It was like small white pixels all over image. Very noticeable.

Thank Post
    ah in that case we haven't had this issue

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We've got around 30 Casios here.

Not one has had a problem ever. They've worked perfectly since installation and never needed a bulb change either.

Game changing technology imo!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Only issue we've had is them becoming discoloured or completely freezing. However, if we go by numbers, we've not done very well. We've got 5 casio A series (the original ones) and we've had to have 3 of them repaired. 1 of them twice.

Thank Post
    We've got quite a few of the M series Casio projectors. No issues so far.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We had some, we has similar issues to the OP. They have all been removed from service now, we just have a few we use for portables.

Thank Post
    We have approx. 30 Casio XJ-A140 projectors, and have suffered from the dreaded white pixel fault.
    All but one one* were repaired by Casio, with them sending us loan units first and all courier costs covered by them too.

(* one was within 5 years, but technically it is 3 year warranty; with the light source only being covered for 5 years. Casio originally claimed fault was due to dust/lack of cleaning and wanted a few £100's to repair; despite it being white dots. I argued common fault, etc. and they supplied a replacement FOC)

Whether we have suffered more than others because ours were from one of the first batches supplied to the UK, I’m not sure...but many are now suffering from dullness to the projected image too.

Since then we have just gone back to installing ultra-short throw Hitachi projectors, with 5 year warranties, 3 year lamp warranty and a spare free bulb too! Which effectively gives us (a minimum) of 5 years peace of mind just like the Casios were sold to us as.
    Last edited by MYK-IT; 1st May 2014 at 03:58 PM.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    We've got around 30 Casios here.

Not one has had a problem ever. They've worked perfectly since installation and never needed a bulb change either.

Game changing technology imo!
    Ahh just realized you are talking about the 1st generation slim models.

Those were indeed crap!

The thicker 2nd generation models are just about perfect.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 783 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Got 10 x M series (130 I think) and not a problem on any of them. Very, very heavy use.

XiJ

Thank Post
    The early A series models did suffer from this and I've seen one with it. I believe the were pulled from the market for a while - though nothing official. Just that supply became severely constrained.

Not sure if it was a heat issue - I think I recall reading that they'd redesigned / beefed up the fan/cooling.

The M series are thicker with better fan / airflow.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast