+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Epson EB-475w Projectors in Technical; Hi all. We're having some issues with our Epson EB-475w projectors at the moment. They were only installed around 18 ...

Thank Post

Epson EB-475w Projectors

Hi all. We're having some issues with our Epson EB-475w projectors at the moment. They were only installed around 18 months ago, but so far on a site with 64 projectors we've had 19 develop a fault whereby they start flickering. Having spoken with Epson and had them onsite (where they were nonplussed and admitted to not having seen this before), they took away a unit and determined that it was the lamps that were failing, less than half way through their expected lifetime. Seemingly, it was a bad batch of lamps, and they offered to replace any that started to flicker.
    However, we are now getting units that are starting to flicker again after having only been replaced a few weeks ago. This is somewhat worrying, and is an H&S concern as we have at least one student onsite who has photosensitive epilepsy. Has anyone else had any issues with these projectors? I'm getting Epson to come and site visit again, so we shall see what they say.

Thank Post
    Hi, We have a number of the 475W and 470's installed last summer. Not had any issues with them at all. Sorry thats not much help...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoundman View Post
    Hi all. We're having some issues with our Epson EB-475w projectors at the moment. They were only installed around 18 months ago, but so far on a site with 64 projectors we've had 19 develop a fault whereby they start flickering. Having spoken with Epson and had them onsite (where they were nonplussed and admitted to not having seen this before), they took away a unit and determined that it was the lamps that were failing, less than half way through their expected lifetime. Seemingly, it was a bad batch of lamps, and they offered to replace any that started to flicker.
    However, we are now getting units that are starting to flicker again after having only been replaced a few weeks ago. This is somewhat worrying, and is an H&S concern as we have at least one student onsite who has photosensitive epilepsy. Has anyone else had any issues with these projectors? I'm getting Epson to come and site visit again, so we shall see what they say.
    Interesting you should say this, as some of mine have started to flicker, most are coming up to 1000 hours +.

I've had issues with the interactive function, and again they have no idea what that is but started asking me about the locations of wireless access points and light fittings...

Thank Post
    I've got 13 475wi 's only one flickers, you can mitigate it temporarily by switching the lamp power mode eco / full..

Thank Post
    We have 485wi's here and so far no issues.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread