+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Smartboard M680 in Technical; Hi All Has anyone here got any experience of the new Smartboard M680? I need to replace a few SB680's ...
    Thank Post

Smartboard M680

Hi All

Has anyone here got any experience of the new Smartboard M680? I need to replace a few SB680's that are worn out or damaged and was considering trying one of these.

Thanks

Steve

Thank Post
    they just seem to work... we've got 2.

3. Thanks to Oaktech from:

truebluesteve (27th March 2014)

Thank Post
    My Engineer installed his first one of these a month or so back, they are a little different from an installation point of view. In terms of usage they are dual touch over single user. From what i have noticed with sales, even over the dual technology many of the schools are still favoring the SB600, possibly until the new stock runs dry. I have found that primary schools still want the 4 coloured pens over the single one-pen does all set up. The boards are a little more attractive, and harder wearing. As these cost the same as the older models, if you can get past losing the 4 colourful pens, i would definitely recommend going for the SBM600's.

There is a nice article on the SMARTtech website which gives lots of information.

5. Thanks to AdrianCuspian from:

truebluesteve (27th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanks for this - the pens are certainly not an issue but the fact they are harder wearing is important!

Thank Post
    You are welcome.

I am a little curious myself as haven't actually seen one of the new boards yet, as we mainly only hold stock of refurbished equipment at my location and ship new directly.

As I subscribed only to answer this question I wasn't "fully sure" about posting links, having had a read through, there is a nice picture here Products explaining the new features, and just underneath is the link to SMARTtech where all of the information comes from, although I am struggling to find the original. If you need any more info or advice, it seems i get an email when you reply which is quite handy

Adrian

Thank Post
    It's also worth noting that the SBM680 is now the entry level board from Smart, so If your thinking of replacing an SB660 you will also need to factor in relocating the projector mount.

The SBM680 also requires a local power point and if your current SB680 is sat directly on top of dado trunking etc then the wall bracket will need raising 15mm to accommodate the new style lower fixing points.

We have installed a number of these now and in my opinion they track loads better then the SB680's.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCuspian View Post
    You are welcome.

I am a little curious myself as haven't actually seen one of the new boards yet, as we mainly only hold stock of refurbished equipment at my location and ship new directly.

As I subscribed only to answer this question I wasn't "fully sure" about posting links, having had a read through, there is a nice picture here Products explaining the new features, and just underneath is the link to SMARTtech where all of the information comes from, although I am struggling to find the original. If you need any more info or advice, it seems i get an email when you reply which is quite handy

Adrian
    Please dont advertise your own business on here when not a sponsor. https://www.cuspian.co.uk/contactus

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread