+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, tell me everything wrong with clickview24 in Technical; the system is being considered when there is already a free system in place. It seems the price is not ...

Thank Post

tell me everything wrong with clickview24

the system is being considered when there is already a free system in place. It seems the price is not warrented for where we're at currently.

Thank Post
    Will it matter to you? If they want to buy it, and see the need for it, and there's no technical reason why they shouldn't, then let them do it?

Thank Post
    We had it at my last school. We could leave it alone for most of the time but now and again the server software would stop working and in the time between being informed and finding out why it was down it would come back up again. Sometimes we had to restart the service as well, not sure if that has anything to do with the other issue. On a number of occasions it would stop capturing from one or more channels and we wouldn't know about it until we went to get a program from the 24/7 manager. I don't know whether we were rubbish at looking after it or not but we did get quite annoyed with it after a few years.

Adoption was pretty low and no-one used the online version, probably didn't know it existed. Make sure you get them to come in a give training to you and teachers and I'm sure it's quality stuff.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Will it matter to you? If they want to buy it, and see the need for it, and there's no technical reason why they shouldn't, then let them do it?
    Well, especially when it comes to wasting money I go with the saying if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    When we're told there no cash for more important things, I find it strange that there is suddenly cash for something unnecessary.

Thanks madurham, I've read many comments here complaining about the system and people asking about alternatives.

Thank Post
    honestly I am not a fan of the 24/7 onsite system, but the online 24-7 is great. Staff can get their own programmes without having to bother me to get them on the main system. And they can upload their own clips on to it.
    i do find it easy to use and our experience of their support has been great.

Thank Post
    There is little point in investing in the physical 24/7 box as the online version is now included as standard which holds two weeks of recordings for 18 channels.

The Clickview Library system itself is brilliant, I have never really had an issue with it. The player software is child and teacher friendly. It may be a tad expensive but for the ease of use I think it's worth it, plus their technical support has always been faultless.

That said, if you already have a system that does the same thing then I would spend the money elsewhere.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Got to agree with previous comments clickview 24x7 cloud is great, our hardware version is a little old now, but works well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread