+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Cubase AI 6 - Project Assistant Problem (Windows) in Technical; Hello, We have a student who has installed Cubase AI 6 on his school laptop. We made his standard account ...

Thank Post

Cubase AI 6 - Project Assistant Problem (Windows)

Hello,
    We have a student who has installed Cubase AI 6 on his school laptop. We made his standard account a temporary administrator to do so.
    From what we have been told, the program is set up correctly except for one aspect.
    When you launch the program (as an administrator) it loads a project assistant with quick links to 'recent', 'recording', 'scoring', 'production', 'mastering' and 'more'. Within all of these contains helpful quick links to things.
    Log in as a normal student standard account, the window appears with the headings like before, but there is no content in those areas.

We have tried the following
    • Gave student user full access and ownership of C:\Program Files\Steinberg\ and any other Steinberg / Cubase folders such as in app data.
    • Undone Group Policy settings on this laptop so that the C:\ is not hidden from the user.
    • Copied the (missing) project files and paste them on the 'My Documents' area of the User's D:\ drive in case the program is looking for My Documents on another drive by default. (We partition a C and D drive. System files on C:\ and My Docs, Desktop, My Pictures etc re-directed to D:\.
    • Looked through all preferences / tools menus in Cubase to see if anything obvious.
    • Make user an administrator again, it fixes the problem. Take him out of the administrators group, problem comes back.

Our set up is:
    Windows 7 (32bit) SP1 - 4GB Ram - 320GB HDD - i3 CPU.
    C drive for OS and System Files
    D drive for all school / work data
    Cubase 6.0.5

Thank you in advance for any help.
    Last edited by JF10; 19th February 2014 at 04:06 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi,

Not sure if this will help but we had a similar problem where presets and sounds were missing.

The solution we found was during install there is an option to 'customize', within this there is tick box for 'Install for anyone who uses this computer (all users)'. Selecting this sorted the problem.

3. Thanks to BennyG from:

JF10 (20th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Thank you,
    We will re-image the laptop and install the software for the student, ensuring this is selected.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread