+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Smartboard SB660 in Technical; Hi guys, Got a Smartboard SB660 with a very peculiar problem and wondered if anyone had come accross something similar. ...
    gob

Thank Post

Smartboard SB660

Hi guys,

Got a Smartboard SB660 with a very peculiar problem and wondered if anyone had come accross something similar. Basically the whole board is pretty much always mis-aligned and orienting the board doesn't seem to help.

The left side will be off about an inch one direction, the right another, corners and other points will be off too. I have included pictures of by attempts to trace a grid to help clarify - please see attached.

Unfortunately board is out of warranty. I've tried upgrading software/firmware, resetting controller, loosening screws, taking board of wall, visibly inspected for dents etc, re imaged machine/tried a different machine but the outcome is always the same.

Anyone experienced anything similar to this before?

Kind Regards,

Andrew
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gob; 19th December 2013 at 03:17 AM.

Thank Post
    I had a similar issue a few months back.

After removing all the Smart software from the machine and then doing a fresh install the problem went away.

Really annoying though!

Thank Post
    When you do an orientation on the smartboard, how many points are you using?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasriel View Post
    When I was orientating the board I was using the 'fine' setting. Can't remember how many points that is.

Thank Post
    Check to make sure the board isn't being twisted by the mountings on the wall - behind the pen tray there are two brackets which should be screwed back to the wall. If the wall isn't perfect and these are too tight back they can twist the board across its surface which causes a similar effect.

The 'step' in the lines part way up could also be caused by interference from cables running behind the board.

I've seen similar effects from both of these causes. Unfortunately, I have also seen very much the same from a damaged board, when the membrane starts to come apart inside. This can sometimes be fixed for varying amounts of time by rubbing the surface of board firmly around the edges of the frame (with the board disconnected, and taking care not to scratch it). This can help to get the parts of the membrane back together, although this may or may not last.

gob

Thank Post
    Hi guys,

Quote Originally Posted by bodminman View Post
    I had a similar issue a few months back.

After removing all the Smart software from the machine and then doing a fresh install the problem went away.

Really annoying though!
    Ahh - unfortunately I've had no luck there, tried upgrading software, re imaging pc, and even a different machine altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasriel View Post
    I have tried the highest one, which i think is a 20 point calibration off the top of my head

Quote Originally Posted by crc-ict View Post
    Check to make sure the board isn't being twisted by the mountings on the wall - behind the pen tray there are two brackets which should be screwed back to the wall. If the wall isn't perfect and these are too tight back they can twist the board across its surface which causes a similar effect.

The 'step' in the lines part way up could also be caused by interference from cables running behind the board.

I've seen similar effects from both of these causes. Unfortunately, I have also seen very much the same from a damaged board, when the membrane starts to come apart inside. This can sometimes be fixed for varying amounts of time by rubbing the surface of board firmly around the edges of the frame (with the board disconnected, and taking care not to scratch it). This can help to get the parts of the membrane back together, although this may or may not last.
    I have tried removing the board from the wall and then calibrating whilst it is free standing etc but still same results when I start to draw on it so most likely not related to wire interference or twisting from wall brackets.

I may try the membrane suggestion, saw the mentioned somewhere else too.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Thank Post
    Sounds like the PCB has had it, you can easily replace these yourself, approx £100 unless the board is still within warranty period (3yrs).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread