+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Need some quick help.... in Technical; OK guys, First and foremost, Happy Holidays. Now, onto the problem that lacks a solution: In Pennsylvania, we have to ...

Thank Post

Need some quick help....

OK guys,

First and foremost, Happy Holidays. Now, onto the problem that lacks a solution:

In Pennsylvania, we have to have annual mandated reporting training to comply with Child Protective Services. We have one in service day set up for January 2nd to perform this training. My boss would like to make everyone a captive audience at their PC's. She would like to force a specific video to be sent to all computers on the network automatically...or when she pushes a button. This would go out to approximately 600 pc's. I have thought about bigbluebutton, but it is really limited to the number of users per server. I have also thought about IIS and giving the users the link to the website, but the fear is that they will "say" they watched the training.

Any suggestions? Again, she wants to control this presentation and force it out to 600 computers.

Thanks!

Don

Thank Post
    Have a look at this Create, Engage, Assess through Mobile Devices. | Interactive Lessons | Mobile Learning | Apps for Education | iPads in the Classroom done through the web browser and we use it so it allows the teacher to control the speed students work through the slides. All web based. There is a free version but not sure on all the limitations. Think it is just how much you can upload.

Ignore that actually unless you don't mind paying for it. Free version only supports up to 30 devices.
    Last edited by tj2419; 18th December 2013 at 04:50 PM.

Thank Post
    I like that option, but I do not think it will work for us. The max nearpod presentation size is 60 megs. There has gotta be something out there that will take control of every IP on the network and stream a video lol. Ive seen it in movies! So I know it is real!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonWilliams View Post
    OK guys,

First and foremost, Happy Holidays. Now, onto the problem that lacks a solution:

In Pennsylvania, we have to have annual mandated reporting training to comply with Child Protective Services. We have one in service day set up for January 2nd to perform this training. My boss would like to make everyone a captive audience at their PC's. She would like to force a specific video to be sent to all computers on the network automatically...or when she pushes a button. This would go out to approximately 600 pc's. I have thought about bigbluebutton, but it is really limited to the number of users per server. I have also thought about IIS and giving the users the link to the website, but the fear is that they will "say" they watched the training.

Any suggestions? Again, she wants to control this presentation and force it out to 600 computers.

Thanks!

Don
    The problem is, even if you invest time and effort in to "forcing"a video out, people can still just ignore it and say they have watched the video.

Why not use one of the many online video hosts and make everyone take a survey/test to show that they have both watched and understood the video, this would both prove attendance and also identify that users actually understood the content.

If there are commonly misunderstood areas, you can then support users further with additional videos/fact sheets to help clear things up.

Thank Post
    You could look at VLC, free streaming to all computers.

If you want to take control of the computer and force playback, you'll need more. We use RM Tutor, which won't be available in the US as a stand alone peice of software but I beleive it is just NetSupport School re-badged. NetSupport School - Classroom Management Software

Thank Post
    Thank you, everyone, for the responses. What we have decided to pursue is this:

1. We purchased a Webex account through Cisco, created a powerpoint with the Video embedded and saved it as a UCF file.
    2. The building principals will be responsible for getting staff into their respective auditoriums and classrooms.
    3. Each classroom that is viewing the webex will log in with the classroom number.
    4. Principals will sign off on attendance.
    5. Quiz to follow :-)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread