+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Promultis Touch Screens in Technical; Anyone seen a demo of these new touch screens? Touchscreen ProMultis | Dual Touchscreen | Large Multi Touch Looks similar ...

Thank Post

Promultis Touch Screens

Anyone seen a demo of these new touch screens? Touchscreen ProMultis | Dual Touchscreen | Large Multi Touch
    Looks similar to Clevertouch, Ctouch etc. Prices look very good for the IR versions. Easiteach and a suite of multi-touch apps are bundled.

http://www.promultis.info/wp-content...ist%202013.pdf

I like the sound of the USB plugin that lets it run Android apps also, although I guess there may be cheaper ways of doing this.

Thank Post
    Interesting. We have 1st Gen (non LED glossy) CleverTouch screens and iBoards. I am not very impressed with the accuracy and speed of using a pen for writing with. Not as good as oldschool ActivBoards!!

I ran Bluestacks Android emulation on one and angrybirds works really well (better than handwriting with pen)

It is interesting that the ProMultis says "if a person uses a
    touchscreen and the touch experience is bad.. They wont use it again" think that is true but they don't really convince me that their infraRed solution is betterthan anyone else's. SMART claim to have added proprietary secret sauce to theirs to improve accuracy but their prices are sky high.

We have also had issues with USB extenders and both types of LCD touch boards we have.

Promethean have finally got a LCD touch board and it's a similar price to a clevertouch AND it properly licensed to use ActivInspire. Woo! Again not convinced the accuracy is any better than clevertouch.

Thank Post
    Perhaps take a look at the CTOUCH screens. They use optical touch technology and have very fast and accurate touch response - CTOUCH Smart Innovation!

Thank Post
    I'm talking to Promultis about a 42" capacitive screen. Not sure technically what the difference is between different InfraRed optical digitisers. Some have cameras or do all. Would be great to have someone who knows comment who isn't flogging something.

Thank Post
    Capacitive touch screens will give you the best touch experience of any technology, but screens tend to be pricey, and you have to use finger or special touch pen (cheap enough though for tablets!) Optical camera tends to be the next best option as used by Smart and CTOUCH. With InfraRed its a bit of a mixed bunch, depending on which Chinese factory is making the surround, some are better than others. Bear in mind too, that the smoothness of the glass is also influential, anti-glare is almost essential for a good touch experience, plus the obvious factor of cutting down reflections from lights and windows.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread