+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Wanted - Free or very low cost 3D educational material in Technical; Hi, folks. I've got a fortnight testing a short-throw projector - which gives 50" to 100" when placed 10cm to ...

Thank Post

Cool Wanted - Free or very low cost 3D educational material

Hi, folks.

I've got a fortnight testing a short-throw projector - which gives 50" to 100" when placed 10cm to 44cm from the screen (tabletop only - cannot be ceiling mounted unfortunately).

I've been promised 30 pairs of active 3D glasses so I can test the DLP's suitability for school, however I've seen elsewhere on this forum that the 3D aspect of these things tends to have a short lifespan before users lose interest. Is there anything available to showcase 3D in the classroom? If it's something that we aren't likely to invest in long term, I don't want to be buying software or media that will eventually end up gathering dust.

If I want to make my own media (I can do my own 3D animation work), do I just make the video as a side-by-side for each eye? It's a Philips Screeneo, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for looking

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    I've seen elsewhere on this forum that the 3D aspect of these things tends to have a short lifespan before users lose interest. Is there anything available to showcase 3D in the classroom?
    I get the impresion that's the problem - lack of 3D content useful / interesting enough for teaching with. The demos of 3D equipment I've seen at BETT have tended to be displaying exactly the same content from year to year. If you can create your own content you might be on to something as there might well be a number of other schools around who've bought various 3D equipment and now don't have anything to display on it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread