+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, SMARTboard shows image of computer mouse when you touch screen in Technical; Using Windows 7 on a Toshiba laptop connected to a SMARTboard 660i with UF75 projector. SMART Notebook version is 11, ...
  1. #1
    Andie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    794
    Thank Post
    167
    Thanked 66 Times in 49 Posts
    Rep Power
    30

    SMARTboard shows image of computer mouse when you touch screen

    Using Windows 7 on a Toshiba laptop connected to a SMARTboard 660i with UF75 projector. SMART Notebook version is 11, I think.

    When the user touches the board to close a window, a large image of a computer mouse appears on the screen nearby. Sometimes there is also a pop up where the board is touched, saying Drag Up Drag Down.

    I have set all the hardware settings for the whiteboard back to default, as far as I can tell. I am wondering if there is an accessibility setting somewhere in the software that is causing this? It's making it difficult to "click" on things to close or select them.

  2. #2
    Andie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    794
    Thank Post
    167
    Thanked 66 Times in 49 Posts
    Rep Power
    30
    Anyone? The computer mouse image appears whenever the user touches the board for anything, not just to close a window, and it is driving her mad. I have emailed SMART support, who have forwarded it to Steljes, but no reply as yet.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    18
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    14
    Not sure but Drag-up / Drag Down sounds like navagational flicks for tablet / touch screen devices. It's built into the operating system, so nothing to do with the SMART software I think and you should be able to disable it.

    What are flicks?

    Might help?


    No idea about the mouse icon.

  4. Thanks to Mr_K from:

    Andie (3rd November 2013)

  5. #4
    hallb15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    405
    Thank Post
    462
    Thanked 231 Times in 149 Posts
    Rep Power
    74
    Have you tried disconnecting the RJ11 connectors for the pen tray and volume control?

    What about connecting a different laptop to the smartboard - does it do the same thing?

  6. Thanks to hallb15 from:

    Andie (3rd November 2013)

  7. #5
    Andie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    794
    Thank Post
    167
    Thanked 66 Times in 49 Posts
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
    Not sure but Drag-up / Drag Down sounds like navagational flicks for tablet / touch screen devices. It's built into the operating system, so nothing to do with the SMART software I think and you should be able to disable it.

    What are flicks?

    Might help?
    Thanks. Flicks is on by default on all our Win 7 laptops, but no one else has reported this issue. Turned Flicks off and the drag up/down issue is gone.

  8. #6
    Andie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    794
    Thank Post
    167
    Thanked 66 Times in 49 Posts
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by hallb15 View Post
    What about connecting a different laptop to the smartboard - does it do the same thing?
    Should have thought of that myself! Tried my laptop, also toshiba and win 7, and no issue with board on the mouse image front. Managed to replicate the drag up/down issue by being heavy handed on the board, and so turned flicks off.

    Syeljes (SMART UK support) got back to me and said it must an issue with the mouse on the laptop and nothing to do with the SMART software, as it happens on the Windows desktop as well.

    Think I may finally have solved the mouse image issue but will have to try this tomorrow:

    A Large Mouse Icon Appears Below the Pointer (124970) - SMART Technologies

    and

    Turn the touch pointer on or off

    In desperation, I typed "why can i see a mouse image on SMARTboard?" into Google and the third result was the SMART tech document above. Although it relates to a different older version of SMARTboard drivers, the issue is the same so I think this is the solution. No idea how this got turned on, but anyway....

  9. #7
    Andie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    794
    Thank Post
    167
    Thanked 66 Times in 49 Posts
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Think I may finally have solved the mouse image issue but will have to try this tomorrow:

    A Large Mouse Icon Appears Below the Pointer (124970) - SMART Technologies

    and

    Turn the touch pointer on or off

    In desperation, I typed "why can i see a mouse image on SMARTboard?" into Google and the third result was the SMART tech document above. Although it relates to a different older version of SMARTboard drivers, the issue is the same so I think this is the solution. No idea how this got turned on, but anyway....
    It worked!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31st October 2012, 03:18 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd April 2011, 01:21 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 28th September 2010, 06:18 PM
  4. [Pics] When you can't think of another idea, try this!
    By DrPerceptron in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 5th December 2008, 09:25 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •