+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, New Cubieboard based digital signage: Nodescreen in Technical; I stumbled across this while investigating running Xibo on a Rasberry pi. here Xibo don't seem to be targeting this ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

New Cubieboard based digital signage: Nodescreen

I stumbled across this while investigating running Xibo on a Rasberry pi. here
    Xibo don't seem to be targeting this platform unfortunately. Cubieboard seems a bit more likely candidate as a small format display driver with enough grunt to do the job. Does anyone have one they can do some testing on?

node-screen | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net

Thank Post
    Hi Hacksawbob

node-screen is my project, it was primarily designed for a retail chain i work for. But could easily be used for education institutes. The project is still lacking a lot of documentation i hope to spend some time documenting the installation procedure fully.

I currently have a Cubieboard 1 and 2 both with stock android running the android client, video on the cubie2 is perfect on the cubie1 low res is ok but high 1080p can be choppy. on both systems the transition effects between layouts (there are 62 effects you can pick from when transitioning between layouts) work really well and are smooth.

Currently the only layout types on the server are (Image/Video/Flash/HTML) flash doesn't work on android the HTML layout supports HTML5 and CSS3 so you can do some cool layouts using it. If you have any ideas for educational layouts just PM me and i will see if i can create them. its pretty easy to create custom layout types and add them into the server.

Thanks
    albi90

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread