+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Touchscreen question in Technical; Hi Everyone, I have a question regarding interactive touch screens, we have just purchased 5 Genee 65" touch screens and ...

Thank Post

Touchscreen question

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding interactive touch screens, we have just purchased 5 Genee 65" touch screens and put the first one up yesterday,
    everything is fine although the sound quality could be a little better, but the teacher says when he writes on the screen its not smooth curves
    it comes out a bit jaggedy (if that's a word).

Is this a Genee problem or are all touch screen like this due to the IR ?? is there a way to improve it at all ??

I have tried adjusting the configuration but the teacher says it didn't make much difference, if I remember right he
    had problems with his previous white board as well.

XiJ

Thank Post
    A good quality touchscreen shouldn't be like that - ours don't It would be worth checking resolution of the laptop / computer matches that of the native res of the screen.

Thank Post
    Thanks for that I will have a look on Monday, they must be descent the unit were around £3k each if the resolution is matching then would that make a big difference ??? Its connected via HDMI so wouldn't it just take the resolution of the laptop ???
    Last edited by Marc_Lemar; 27th September 2013 at 07:02 PM.

XiJ

Thank Post
    It could make a difference. I imagine they are 1920 x 1080 if they're 65" ?

If it's mirroring the laptop it's unlikely to be that res anyway. Might not make a big difference but it's worth just testing by using the touchscreen as a 2nd screen at its full res.

Thank Post
    Just had a read of the manual and there is no mention of changing the resolution.

XiJ

Thank Post
    A quick look online and it shows the native res as 1920 x 1080. I'd be interested to see if that helps.

After that it's I'm thinkers it's down to the 'sensitivity' - can't remember the term I'm looking for - dot pitch?

Thank Post
    Just seen the resolution myself but not sure the laptop will handle it, looking at mine it goes nowhere near but I suppose when the touch screen is attached I can set the resolution as per that screen.

XiJ

Thank Post
    Most fairly recent chipsets should be able to output that res - at least for testing purposes. It will be an extended display and not mirror of course.

9. Thanks to XiJ from:

Marc_Lemar (27th September 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks for your help XiJ I will give it a try come Monday morning, if by default it takes on the laptops resolution that could well be the fault as I know I never changed it.

Thank Post
    Having worked with touchscreens for a fair while now, all of the above suggestions have some merit. Definitely check out the resolution, for dual screen operation most laptops will happily work at 1366 x 768. To get full HD then almost certainly you will have to output only to the screen, which most teachers don't like. Some Windows software on Win 7 or 8 can offer very smooth writing, search for Windows Journal, the screen if its any good, it should write very well. The software you are using could be poor, even Activinspire doesn't write too well, Smart Notebook does better. The Genee is at the budget end of touchscreen solutions so it uses cheaper touch components, therefore it's touch response isn't as good as some others, nevertheless is much better than a projector/whiteboard option.

PM me if you want more detail.

Thank Post
    PM sent, found Windows Journal thank you.

Thank Post
    OK,
    Just plugged my laptop into the TV and the both connect at 1366 x 768 the only way I can get It to connect at 1920 x 1080 is to extend the desktop or have a single display (they won’t like that at all), does anybody know if there is a utility that can show both screens but in 2 different resolutions ???

Thank Post
    OK slightly confused the laptop says 1366x768 but the tv says 1920x1080 so is the tv in full hd or not ???

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 728 Posts
    If your mirroring the laptop to the screen, then no. You'll need to only output to the screen.

Thank Post
    Am I right in thinking then if the screens resolution is 1920x1080 then that's a fixed native resolution (i.e. the screen will display other resolutions but not to its best), but to actually achieve this the laptop also needs to be configured so that the output of the laptop matches the resolution of the screen ??

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast