+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Touchscreen question in Technical; The TV screen will most like be doing a form of upscaling for it to output at 1080p, even if ...

Thank Post
    The TV screen will most like be doing a form of upscaling for it to output at 1080p, even if the input is much lower. You will need both to be the same resolution to have the best experience I would expect.

My advice would be to force the laptop into displaying at 1080p, even if the laptops screen wont display it, then see if the writing improves. If so then you can set the laptop back to its native using the TV. Then see about getting the laptop to output in 1080p, though I expect having the screen and the output different while mirroring is verging on the impossible.

Thank Post
    Just a quick one, has anybody experienced condensation on the inside of the touchscreen ??? we had one today after a full day of use that looks like it has 2 condensation marks one either side of the screen. I told the boss and he says its probably because its been stored in a bonded warehouse for a while and is now being used but I'm not so sure myself.

XiJ

Thank Post
    If the screen has an additional front glass screen it's possible moisture has got in. It's a horrible design IMO anyway as it makes for a less accurate touch. I've never heard anyone say they've had condensation before. Urgh

We did have an old Samsung panel that had marks on the inside - we suspect from the original manufacture.

Thank Post
    It might not be condensation but that's what it looks like, will be interested to see if its there in the morning.

XiJ

Thank Post
    Might just be a one off if they've been stored in a very cold warehouse for a while.

In my early tech support days I had some CRT iMacs like that. I blew one up!

Thank Post
    I have seen condensation on screens on more than one occasion, it seems to be related to weather! In my experience it dissipates naturally, but might take a couple of days. Never know it to blow a screen up (yet!)

Thank Post
    We have had 7 Genee Touch screens now for going on 6 months and they are great, the teachers love them. Being the tech guy I’m usually the first point of call if anything goes wrong and apart from providing some support plugging various laptops in to the touch screens they been very reliable and I have not experienced any problems.

I did notice that when the engineers were installing the screens they did change some settings in special config section of configuration. Altering the IR parameters so the smooth is set to the highest and un-checking open touch should eliminate your problems.

My experience with any IR touch screens has also taught me that fluorescent light bulbs can affect the screen touch performance if they are to close, so if this is the case you may want to move your touch screen.

I myself have found the Genee Touch to be a very strong screen with a very high quality resolution, making them ideal for our younger learners who often use Lego bricks and various other items on the screen. The screen itself is either a sharp or Samsung panel so I know the components will be of excellent quality. I would recommend to any school in the market to have a look.

Thank Post
    We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing problems with your G Touch. We have every desire to resolve your issues as soon as possible. To solve the issues reported please follow the instructions below. If you need any help or guidance please don’t hesitate to contact our technical support team on 01902 390878.

Jittery Touch
    For smoother writing on the screens, the smoothness setting can be altered. To find this setting please go to the configuration menu, which is included in the G Touch driver menu on your computer. Please select the special config tab and uncheck open MultiTouch, followed by setting the IR smooth setting to the highest.

Condensation
    This is down to the G Touch being shipped in cold conditions and once in use it will disappear in 3 to 4 days.

Budget Screens
    We don’t supply budget screens and we can assure you that the panels are sourced from the likes of Samsung and Sharp.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused to you. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from satisfied customers. We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do, with our goal being to retain yourselves as satisfied customers and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Thank You

Christopher Bevan,
    Technical, Genee World

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12