+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Interactive Tables in Technical; Hi, Has anyone got any experience with interactive tables in secondary schools (11-16)? I have been told to look into ...

Thank Post

Interactive Tables

Hi,

Has anyone got any experience with interactive tables in secondary schools (11-16)? I have been told to look into buying one and I do have a budget for it. I have looked at SMART but theirs are aimed at primary level, Promethean seem to be aimed at slightly older kids but I do not know if it is really cut for secondary level. Are there any other companies that provide an all in one interactive table solution that would be recommended?

Cheers

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,453 Posts
    Build one? @ICTDirect_Dave what's happened to yours?

Ben

3. Thanks to plexer from:

ICTDirect_Dave (17th July 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It will be making a reappearance over the summer with luck.

We had to put it to one side whilst we dealt with a ridiculous number of orders.

We have plans in place for a test prototype to go out to a school for the new term all being well. After feedback we will asses it's readiness

Stay tuned folks!

Thank Post
    The Sahara Clevertouch unit is pretty decent.

Thank Post
    Samsung Surface with PixelSense is another option - I've been looking at these things, but the thing I'm struggling to find is resources to use with them (apps, intereactive software etc) - the tables themselves are pretty easy to find...

Thank Post
    Hi gchivers.

There are many good options on the market- Smart tables are a bit over priced in my eyes we have supplied schools with the clever fusion table which is a very good options as we provide training sessions for teachers and pupils which helps them get stuck in to it straight away.

Hope that helps

Colin

Thank Post
    Hi all,

Thanks for the responses - they are useful! I have to spend the money before the end of August so I am looking to buy very soon but I really do want to make sure we make the right purchase. It seems that Sahara Clevertouch tables look pretty good.

I have also looked at the Promethean ActivTable - anyone know what the software is like? I'm just concerned that it may not be suitable for secondary education, however it does run on Windows so we could always use other software and apps if needed.

Thank Post
    FWIW, the new SMART Table and Sahara run on Windows, too.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gchivers View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone got any experience with interactive tables in secondary schools (11-16)? I have been told to look into buying one and I do have a budget for it. I have looked at SMART but theirs are aimed at primary level, Promethean seem to be aimed at slightly older kids but I do not know if it is really cut for secondary level. Are there any other companies that provide an all in one interactive table solution that would be recommended?

Cheers
    Hi, the Clevertouch Fusion is a great option for secondary level. We do find that a majority sold are to primary schools due to the nature of them and they're great for collaboration and interactive games. But for secondary level this would be a great choice. 32-point touch, 55" LED and comes with Snowflake software.

PM me your email if you'd like me to send quote over for this option

Thank Post
    digging up an old thread but it seems relevant, our SEN room has an old Promethean Board in at the moment and we are rolling out SmartBoard 880s across the site but I am tempted to take that money and buy an interactive table instead as there is some interest from our SENCO in this type of equipment... what are peoples experiences with interactive tables would you substitute it over a new whiteboard/projector. !!

Thank Post
    Hi Griff,

We ended up buying the Sahara Clevertouch Fusion interactive table which was not much more than a SMART board/projector on wheels (the board couldn't be mounted on a wall). The good thing about the Clevertouch Fusion is that the mechanism allows you to bring the table upright with the touch of a button. Instead of buying a second board, we are using the Fusion as a board or table depending on requirements.

The software provided isn't good enough for secondary education but we have found some useful free ones online and hopefully the BETT show in January will give us some options of what software we can buy. However as the table/board runs Windows you can easily install the SMART software if you wish.

13. Thanks to gchivers from:

Griff (14th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks gchivers I visited a school recently using Clevertouch across the site nice solid units

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    digging up an old thread but it seems relevant, our SEN room has an old Promethean Board in at the moment and we are rolling out SmartBoard 880s across the site but I am tempted to take that money and buy an interactive table instead as there is some interest from our SENCO in this type of equipment... what are peoples experiences with interactive tables would you substitute it over a new whiteboard/projector. !!
    The new SMART table is quite nice (unlike the old one, which was horrible), and the Clevertouch units are good too. Depends on the target audience - the SMART unit's software is great for KS1, and there are are some ASD tools for it too, but I would be inclined towards the Clevertouch in most cases. You can, of course, lie an interactive board on its back and put a short throw projector over it. This would be madness, IMHO.
    This might be of interest: Clevertouch LED Fusion 55" 32pt touch interactive table | Sahara Presentation Systems PLC

16. Thanks to MikeGilbert from:

Griff (14th October 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread