+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, XJ-ST145 Casio Projector - Image range? in Technical; Just wondered if anyone has got some XJ-ST145 Casio Projectors, and how far off the wall you have mounted them ...

Thank Post

XJ-ST145 Casio Projector - Image range?

Just wondered if anyone has got some XJ-ST145 Casio Projectors, and how far off the wall you have mounted them to get a decent image size.

Bought some of the XJ-ST145 projectors and brackets to attach them to the wall, however struggling to get anywhere near the suggested image size for the distances from the wall suggested in the manual and on casio website?

Casio website says I should get a 60 inch image for a distance from the wall of 2.64ft but im getting around a 45inch screen. Only way to get near to a minimum of 60inch is to have projector almost 4 feet from the wall (at 4.5ft is should be almost 100 inch screen)? XJ-ST145 - Lamp Free, Digital, DLP, Classroom, Business, Projectors | CASIO America, Inc.

Looked through all settings and menus but cant find anything to enlarge the image.

Anyone able to offer any advice?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi,
    Projector is native 4:3 so you need to be inputting a 4:3 image into it (1024 x 768 more commonly known as XGA). You will need to set your output resolution on your computer to 1024 x 768. If you send the projector a WXGA (16:10 1280 x 800) signal then the projector will re-create it however this will change the throw ratio’s to fill the screen correctly.

Please see the below link to projector central website which allows you to select input resolution. It does not show 16:10 but will allow you to calculate very closely the image dimensions required.
    Casio XJ-ST145 Projection Calculator - Throw Distance and Screen Size

If you need any further support please let me know and I will help as much as I can.

Liz

Thank Post
    we ave one on an old Promethian V2 board, it's probably 4 or more feet out and just about fills the screen.

Rob

Thank Post
    Thanks for replies.

The projector is projecting in 4:3 after doing the calculations, but casio material says a minimum image of 60inches is possible from being 2.64ft away from the wall. Done a complete reset to defaults and the image has changed size, but still not the full 60inches its around 55inches. (dont know why a reset helpded its brand new out of the box).

Dont approve of these projectors reaching out almost 4 ft into the room to fill a board.

Thank Post
    Take a look at the Benq LW61ST - same warranty as the Casio, also lamp free but will produce a 60" image at around 70cm.

BTW just checked your Casio using the calculator provided by @Stone_Liz and it should be producing a 60" image @ 80cm. Might be an obvious question but are you measuring the diagonal or the width? If you're measuring the diagonal looks like somethings not quite right TBH.

Thank Post
    Thanks for response.
    Measuring the diagonal. Changed for three different PCs, and tried every resolution option there is but still cant get it to project full 60inch unless I move projector a little more from the wall.

100inch image I should have to put projector 4.7ft away from wall, but I only get around 77inch.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread