+ Post New Thread
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Display screen in Technical; I have to setup a new classroom which wont need an IWB but will need a display. Rather than using ...
    Thank Post

Display screen

I have to setup a new classroom which wont need an IWB but will need a display.

Rather than using a projector I wanted to put up a large screen or TV.

The biggest monitor I have found is 29" but I don't think that will be be enough Q2963PM - AOC - MONITOR, 29" IPS LED, AOC, Q2963PM | CPC

I have also seen a 50" tv but when I look at the technical specs it says if a static image is displayed on it for longer that 1 hour it will start to get image burn (We have similar TV's used for digital signage which has this problem) 50PA4500 - LG (ELECTRONICS) - 50" RAZOR FRAME HD PLASMA TV | CPC

What has everyone else used? any recommendations?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur231283 View Post

The biggest monitor I have found is 29" but I don't think that will be be enough Q2963PM - AOC - MONITOR, 29" IPS LED, AOC, Q2963PM | CPC

I have also seen a 50" tv but when I look at the technical specs it says if a static image is displayed on it for longer that 1 hour it will start to get image burn (We have similar TV's used for digital signage which has this problem) 50PA4500 - LG (ELECTRONICS) - 50" RAZOR FRAME HD PLASMA TV | CPC

Buy a true LCD TV rather then a Plasma TV and screen burn wont really be an issue.

3. Thanks to Asomodai from:

arthur231283 (11th July 2013)

Thank Post

I've installed Samsung / LG / Phillips from 32" - 108" all over, they will all do the job. As said avoid Plasma due to screen burn, the LED's are more stable than LCD's... they'll all work as a normal VGA monitor will.

5. Thanks to sparky2488 from:

arthur231283 (11th July 2013)

Thank Post
    You could always try a Cleverlcd, they are the best of both worlds.

7. Thanks to r0cketbev from:

arthur231283 (12th July 2013)

Thank Post
    Hi,

If you're going to leave the screen on all day then I'd recommend a professional LED display to avoid screen burn. These usually come with a warranty that cover 16-24 hours usage per day - dependent on make and model. We use these screens for our digital signage that are left on all day and we don't have to worry about them.

We work with a number of screen vendors and would be able to provide these for you.

If you're using the screens for less hours then you could use a commercial pro tv (a combination of the two) or a commercial TV. Really depends on how you plan to use them.

Let me know if you'd like to arrange a quote on some LED screens for you (we usually sell 46" - 55" but can source larger)

Liz

Thank Post

Hi Arther231283 -

If it is for 24 hour usage there are many products out there that will cover this BUT be careful as some will not be made for this 24 or long usage. We work with the major vendors and can give you options to suit your needs.#
    Clever LCD is a good option- we deal directly with these if you require information or pricing.

If you require our professional help please contact me via a PM.

Regards

Colin

I
    Last edited by VeryPC_Colin_F; 15th July 2013 at 11:10 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread