+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Hitachi projector replacement spare parts in Technical; I have a Hitachi ED-A111 short throw projector here with a broken gearbox for the flip down mirror and I'm ...

Thank Post

Hitachi projector replacement spare parts

I have a Hitachi ED-A111 short throw projector here with a broken gearbox for the flip down mirror and I'm struggling to find anywhere that sells projector parts. Can anyone recommended anywhere?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Cog broken? or more serious?

Ben

Thank Post
    From another Edugeek thread:

EDA100 Motor Mirror Assy A1 Hitachi

Not sure if its the same part for your model, but the site might stock it.

Hitachi short throw fault

Thank Post
    There were two failures on this one, firstly one of the cogs that sit on the rod the mirror is attached to split, specifically the one that allows the drive to slip if the motor keeps going but the mirror is at it's furthest point. I repaired this with some strong glue, wasn't expecting it to last but it got a couple more weeks out of it over a particularly important time.
    The failure now is the keyway on the cog that connects the rod the mirror is attached to the gear train.

I had an idea last night, tried it this morning and it seems to do the trick.

There are two sets of wires that deal with the flap. One controls the motor and it's rotation direction, the other a sensor which detects the position state of the mirror (closed, midway, open). If these two connectors are unplugged, the projector appears to ignore the flap state and lack of response from the motor and crack on with doing it's job of projecting things. If you're testing this with the top cover off, you need to hold the lamp cover sensor in somehow. I used a bit of tape. Make sure it is pushed in fully throughout the testing or the lamp error light will glow and the projector will switch off.

Cheers for the projector spares link, I shall certainly save that in the favourites for the future!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samba_man View Post
    I have a Hitachi ED-A111 short throw projector here with a broken gearbox for the flip down mirror and I'm struggling to find anywhere that sells projector parts. Can anyone recommended anywhere?
    Hi samba_man

yes this is a bit of a pain - if you do need the spare the new Motor i would say EDA100 Motor Mirror Assy A1 Hitachi would be a good start.

But it seams you have fixed the problem- well done.

Col

Thank Post
    Cheers Colin

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryPC_Colin_F View Post
    Hi samba_man

yes this is a bit of a pain - if you do need the spare the new Motor i would say EDA100 Motor Mirror Assy A1 Hitachi would be a good start.

Col
    Are they not one and the same Colin?

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samba_man View Post
    There were two failures on this one, firstly one of the cogs that sit on the rod the mirror is attached to split, specifically the one that allows the drive to slip if the motor keeps going but the mirror is at it's furthest point. I repaired this with some strong glue, wasn't expecting it to last but it got a couple more weeks out of it over a particularly important time.
    The failure now is the keyway on the cog that connects the rod the mirror is attached to the gear train.

I had an idea last night, tried it this morning and it seems to do the trick.

There are two sets of wires that deal with the flap. One controls the motor and it's rotation direction, the other a sensor which detects the position state of the mirror (closed, midway, open). If these two connectors are unplugged, the projector appears to ignore the flap state and lack of response from the motor and crack on with doing it's job of projecting things. If you're testing this with the top cover off, you need to hold the lamp cover sensor in somehow. I used a bit of tape. Make sure it is pushed in fully throughout the testing or the lamp error light will glow and the projector will switch off.

Cheers for the projector spares link, I shall certainly save that in the favourites for the future!
    Very interesting that, if you get the chance again, can you take some photos of exactly which wires etc, would be very helpful.

Thank Post
    Hmm interesting. The results yesterday were with the top cover off. I've screwed the top cover back on today and after pressing the power button, around a minute passes then the power LED flashes red. I've got a funny feeling that this would have happened yesterday if I had left the projector running long enough. I can't really dedicate any more work time to this projector so I'll have to look down the replacement gearbox or new projector route. Interesting to read about the possibility of making a new cog up on a 3D printer, there's been some money allocated to one here...

Thank Post
    We have just tried this unplugging the cables from the position sensor PCB and Motor control. The projector still shuts off after around 20 seconds. This has happened on 3 projectors we tried.

Has anyone revisited this problem and found a solution apart from paying for a fixed price repair?

Simon

Thank Post
    Anyone?

Thank Post
    It seems that fix I mentioned earlier on wasn't a very good one!

The projector is now sitting in a corner sulking and a couple more are just sat up there near the ceiling taunting me just waiting to fail.

Colin's link is the best value one I could find but they didn't want to spend the money.

I would expect the replacement part to last no longer than the orginal one though.

Thank Post
    Does anyone have a guide on how to get the pesky thing open? I'm really struggling!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Does anyone have a guide on how to get the pesky thing open? I'm really struggling!
    download the manual from the following link, ok to follow getting the cover off but the other pieces seem a bit piecemeal compared to a sanyo manual i used last week which was great. I too am trying to replace or repair the mirror motor but it looks like itwill mean taking most of the projector apart. Quick you tube vid for replacing the motor would be great?! Good luck.

http://elektrotanya.com/hitachi_cp-a100_ed-a100_ed-a110_sm.pdf/download.html

Thank Post
    Quick question has any made a new cog up on a 3D printer? If so any chance of the STL file?

thanks
    Nick

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast