+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AV and Multimedia Related Thread, Apple TV to replace IWB in Technical; Hi Cooners, Displaynote is a good solution for class colaboration and there is more to it than apple tv. I ...
    Thank Post
    Hi Cooners, Displaynote is a good solution for class colaboration and there is more to it than apple tv. I think its each to there own and depending on spend what solution is right for you.

If you need more infomation please send me a PM.

Col.

Thank Post
    This the the screen in my room (please excuse the mess and blurred out bits)

You can see in the side shot the thick sheet of MDF we had to screw to the rubbish 80s cardboard wall to reinforce it.

Most of our teachers machines are windows 7 so can do all the multi touch gestures but my PC was playing up so I'm using an xp machine.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366908870.691183.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366908879.139389.jpg

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooners View Post
    Thanks that went full screen and is an improvement but still has bars down either side of the screen like it's stuck in 4:3 mode, I really want it to fill the screen if possible (full HD1080P).
    I'll have a look at those TV's too, any chance of a link as all I could find typing Seewoo was a Chinese restaurant.
    If you're mirroring from an iPad, that's how it's going to be. The iPad is a 4x3 device and it's going to send a 1024x768 image across the network. The only way you're going to fill that 1080p projector either to send a video via Airplay (not mirroring the entire device) or to mirror from an iPhone 5 in landscape mode.

4. Thanks to Norphy from:

rihhanarachel (1st May 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bclarke View Post
    I have found apple tv doesn't work well with a proxy. It's also pricey when you add up all those classrooms. I use Reflector App for mirroring to projectors and is very cheap and easy to deploy. It has saved me nearly £4000 as I would have needed to buy HDMI to VGA converters for every projector.
    how i tried what they say msiexec.exe /i "\\domain.local\dfs\packages\reflector\July 2013\Reflector64.msi" ALLUSERS=1 KEY="gibberish" /qb buyt it sissnt deploy the key and when i manually added it it just did it for that user

Thank Post
    Another vote for displaynote. Does a decent job of mirroring the windows display onto an apple / android device. Takes a bit of getting used to but once you get the hang of it its ace.

Hopefully they will update it so it works the other way around as well i.e display the mac OS via the display.

Thank Post
    Displaynote is great, pricing not too bad either. Mersive Solstice - Display Software for HD Large Seamless Displays, Multi-Projector Displays and Video Wall Displays | Mersive - Beyond HD Display Software Solutions - looks interesting, too, depending on what the Education price ends up being...

Thank Post
    not sure what some of the people on here are smoking but Apple TV is not "clunky". I have one at home and is an amazing piece of kit. Your no doubt want to play with VLANs when setting it up but the thing just works so well. Im traditionally not an apple fan but cant deny the thing is amazing for £100 so assume schools could get it for about £75-80 per room.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    As with a lot of iOS devices, it's a great device for personal use. However, for enterprise use it's not so hot. Setting them up en-masse is a bugger. Airplay doesn't work across subnets. Getting them to join a WPA2-Enterprise network is a challenge to say the least.

We gave up and went with AirServer in the end. Considerably cheaper and much easier to deploy.

Thank Post
    It will work across subnets, just needs a bit of work - personally were going down the airserver route too .
    My personal wish is to have a raspberry pi running a clone of airplay (not xbmc) then I can do away with the PC too.

Thank Post

12. Thanks to caffrey from:

dhicks (14th August 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caffrey View Post
    This looks interesting
    Definitely! If rPlay supports the AirPlay, RAMP (Chromecast), Miracast and DLNA protocols as promised in that thread I can see it being incredibly popular.

Thank Post

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12